Chapter Thirty-Three

I woke up wrapped in Colten's arms, he was obviously still asleep. I blinked, breathing deeply. All I wanted was to sleep a little longer, just to rest in Colt's arms. But I knew that now that I was awake, I wouldn't be sleeping any longer. Without waking Colt, I wriggled out of his arms, getting up and heading towards the door.

"Ali," murmured Colt, at first I'd thought I'd woken him, but upon further inspection, I realized that he was sleep talking, "Don't leave me."

The words broke my heart a little. If one of us left, it definitly wouldn't be me. I don't think I'd be able to live without Colt, which was super unhealthy. "I won't leave you, Colten, never."

I said this softly, as softly as I could before I decided to head downstairs, hopping that Colt's Gram was up so I wouldn't be the only one awake.

"Good Morning, Ali," Colt's Gram greeted, standing at the window nursing a cup of coffee, "Would you like some breakfast? Or some coffee?"

"No thank you, I'm fine," I insisted.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," she walked towards the fridge, "I'll make you some eggs. Do you like eggs?"

"Yes, I do," I sat at the counter on one of the bar stools, "What time did you wake up?"

"Oh, early," she laughed, "It seems like I can never sleep in anymore."

"I have those days," I laughed along with her, "How late does Colt normally sleep?"

"He could sleep forever, it's a chore trying to wake him," she turned on the stove and put the pan with the eggs in it, "But I'm sure you'd be able to wake him. He's crazy about you."

I felt my face flush, "I'm a little crazy about him too."

This brought a smile to her face, "Good, he needs someone like you."

"What do you mean?" I asked her, puzzled.

"I won't be here forever, dear, he needs someone to love him and keep him out of trouble."

"I don't think I'd be able to keep him out of trouble, Colt's always causing some sort of trouble," I joked, "He's got a knack for it."

"You're already keeping him out of trouble, he hasn't been arrested in a while. Instead of spending time causing trouble he's spending time with you," she glanced back at me, "You're good for him."

I smiled, unsure of what to say, but not feeling the need to say anything.

"Go wake him, otherwise he'll sleep till nightfall," she jested, "Tell him breakfast is almost ready."

I nodded, getting off the stool and heading into the living room and up the stairs. When I got to the door of the bedroom, I stood there for a moment.

Slowly I opened the door, sure enough, Colt was still sleeping soundly. I took a running start and flung myself onto the bed, right on top of him, his eyes shot open and I started laughing at his startled expression, "Your...face!" I laughed.

"Bad move, princess," he rolled us over and sat on top of me, thus flipping the odds. Before I knew it, he was tickling me, my laughing grew louder and louder, just like my smile. My eyes watered and my stomach ached from all my laughing.

"S-stop," I laughed, trying to grab his hands with my own to stop him as he continued to tickle me.

In one swift move he clamped my wrists together, thus stopping my effort, he pinned them above my head. With his other hand free, cupped my face and nuzzled my neck, "Why'd you wake me?"

"Because your Gram told me too, oh and breakfast is almost ready," I met his dark seeming eyes.

"Looks as if we're missing breakfast," he kissed me softly, before pulling back, "When did startling me awake seem like a good idea?"