Reveal

It was still very dark out as she started looking but thankfully the moon and the stars helped her see.

Pearl tried to go with her saying something about there still being a possibility of the new arrivals trying to kill them. But she reassured her and Pearl reluctantly stayed behind to ask a few more mundane questions.

"Now where could he have gone?" He doesn't know his way around and he wasn't exactly in the right of mind.

She didn't want to go snooping around the city seeing as she might seem suspicious and didn't want to wake anyone. And of might want to be left alone right now.

Then it struck her(insert lightbulb). "Of course. Where would I go if I wanted to be alone?"

Rose looked all around her. "The shops, no what use would be go there for. The boardwalk maybe? No I would have seen him over there." Her gaze soon fell alone the lighthouse that sat stop the hill behind the temple.

"Bingo."

Rose headed toward the base of the hill. It wasn't very big so it didn't take her long to walk up. And there she saw him.

He was sitting on the ground with his arms on his knees. Rifle laying next to him. But by far the most surprising thing was his helmet was laying next to him. He looked so peaceful just sitting there watching the ocean waves rolling up on the beach and watching the stars as they twinkle in the cloudless night sky. The moon hanging in the sky almost made it seem like a painting.

"I know your there."

His sudden speech surprised her. Seeing as she didn't make much noise coming up here.

"I can hear a lot better than regular people to."

"Have you gotten it out of your system? You had us all worried with that outburst even your friend looked concerned."

Rose stepped closer and she could see him pulling something out of a secret part of his helmet.

It was a picture.

"This is without a doubt the most beautiful thing I have witnessed with my own eyes. I just wish Mom and Dad could see this."

"Have you seen your parents in a while."

"My mom died when I was born and last time I saw my dad I was six. I don't know if he's alive or not."

He looked longingly at the photo.

"I barely have any memories of him this is the only picture I have of mom. Although I guess that more than most Spartans can say."

Rose looked at the photo and was shocked. Suddenly it all made sense. It's about who his mother was.

In the photo was a man with short dirty blonde hair with blue eyes. He looked to be in his mid twenties. He was wearing a black sweater and jeans. The whole background said it was sometime in winter. But what cought her attention was the women on the right.

The long spikey dark green hair. The piercing green eyes. The lime colored skin. The clearly tall stature.

It was an Emerald.

Although she was wearing a dark green human sweater and black sweatpants. She could make out the bump of her gem on the right shoulder.

Emeralds were known to have powers or weapons having to do with fire. Almost the opposite of a Lapis Lazuli.

She was smiling in the picture. And around the man who she was guessing was 009's father.

"It all makes sense. The impressive height, the green armor and to top it off even green fire. Your the son of a gem. An Emerald to be exact."