Space Race

Will woke up as soon as the sword hit the Zealots neck. He was covered in sweat and his body was shaking. He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed.

"What was that." He asked himself.

"I don't know, but your vitals and sleep patterns were all over the place. But they were within acceptable standards for having a nightmare. So I let you be." Quasar said from a book emitter.

"Do you have any files on battle of Chi Chi." Will asked the AI as he went over to his dresser and got changed.

"Why the sudden curiosity." He asked.

"I had a nightmare last night. It was during the evacuation. In the final day I remember fighting in the streets. When I try to get out of town some jackals had me pinned down. So I went to a rooftop and took them out. But I found a kid who had been pinned down. And with my luck out came a veteran Zealot and almost kicked my ass. But from there I blacked out and woke up on a pelican to a frigate."

"So." He asked quizzically.

"Well last night I dreampt of what might've happened after I blacked out and all I felt was anger. But I severely hope it didn't." He said sadly. "But it all makes sense. My energy sword and the fact that I'm still alive."

"Well any records of what happened to you then are deep in the vaults at ONI. So I'm afraid I can't tell you." He said.

"That's what I was afraid of." Will said.

"Let's....let's just hope it doesn't happen again." Will said.

"What happened in this dream." Quasar asked curiously.

"Do....do you have records on something called the War Doctor." He said as he preformed much needed maintenance on his arm.

Quasar was silent as he searched through many of their own projects and his vast records. "I'm afraid I don't."

"Hmmf." He said as he clenched his mechanical fingers and joints.

"Then let's forget about it and focus on the rest of the day." He said as he walked out of the temple and into the beach house.

Quasar looked puzzled for a moment.

"Opening new file. Designation, War Doctor."
_________________
Will walked into the kitchen and hadn't found anyone. He went and put some toast in and made some hot apple cider from the Keurig. (One of his favorite appliances).

"Any idea where the gems went." He asked around. To an outsider it would look like he was talking to himself.

Quasar appeared in the emitter on the counter. "Well this morning the gems went to the Warp Hub to check on the damaged galaxy warps. As far as I know nothing of note happened."

Will nodded as he made his toast. "What about Lapis."

He smiled. "I don't think we have anything to fear about Steven from her. But I'm pretty sure she still doesn't like the rest of us." He said.

Will raised an eyebrow at the comment about Steven but ignored it. "Any idea where they are now as he rinsed his plate in the sink.

"Well Steven went to hang out with Greg and I saw them head to the barn." He finished filling him in.

"Let's hope they didn't touch any of my stuff." Will said as he stuck a data chip into a slot in the counter and transferred Quasar to it. He then out him into a slot into his left arm and went to the warp pad.
_________
The first thing he saw was Steven riding down the hill in some deathtrap and Pearl and Greg just standing there.