Nature of the Beast

(sorry for the wait, had to figure out some story details.)

"If you heard the shot, it wasn't meant for you"- Mark Wahlberg:Shooter

Lapis stood tall omver Steven's body like an unmovable golem gaurding it's treasure. Her fists clenched and her arms in a defensive stance. Her wings were reflective of her mood. In the shape of a dragons and made of jagged water and ice.

Her eyes bore into the triple gaze of the corrupted gems. Filled with pure hatred and malice at it having hurt Steven. No one, did that and got away with it. She would make sure of it.

The gem itself seemed to study her as well. It's posture was like a snake, poised and ready to strike at her.

Dark green energy radiated from its mouth and caused the same mechanical crackling sound. Which made the very dirt to mutate and decay wherever it landed.

But Lapis was to busy thinking how she would tear it apart to realize what the breath did. She steeled her nerves and shot forward. A fist of water forming from the rain. Lapis intended to drive it straight into the face of the corrupted gem. But it moved out of the way and ducked underneath the strike.

It then opened it's maw of teeth and tried to clamp it's mouth shut around her waist.

Lapis in response, caused her wings to flare out and shield her body from harm. But still caused a few scratches to appear on her jacket from where the gem got through her water.

Lapis grunted as the corrupted gem continued to apply pressure around her abdomen. Her water since slowly being pushed closer and closer to her body as the rips in her jacket became more numerous.

"Fuck you, you ugly bastard!" She yelled as the rain droplets around her bent to her will and became her instruments of destruction.

The droplets stopped suddenly in midair and here larger and larger as they coalesced into dozens of gloves of water. Once they were about the size of bowling balls she stopped. She then smiled as they let loose.

The bowling ball sized globs of condensed water flew toward at impressive speeds into the corrupted gem. Hitting it with the equivalent of a cannonball several times. Which made the gem howl in pain and drop her to the ground.

Lapis let out a gasp as she landed hard on her back. But thankfully didn't feel any cracks on her gem. So she didn't have to worry about being shattered, for the moment at least.

The corrupted gem shook it's head and turned to look at her with malice in it's eyes. The white pupils shrinking to pinpricks as it narrowed in on her. It let out a growl before charging at her with speed that belayed it's size.

Lapis barely had time to duck out of the way by rolling her body to the side. Missing the gems mouth by mere inches. But she still got a parting gift from it in the form of a large cut going down her arm from one of it's razor sharp claws.

Lapis winced as she touched it to try and get a better look at the wound. She peeled away the hardlight leather that made up her jacket and the light fabric of her shirt.

The gash wasn't to deep, but it did extend a good 5 inches along her upper arm and was bleeding a steady flow of blue blood.

Lapis only heard the thump of the gems paws at it charged once again at her. This time she didn't even hesitate to summon her wings and flew upward as fast as she could. She felt the honey teeth of the gem trace across her shoes. But it did less than negotiable damage.

The corrupted gem noticed that it's new pray had slipped away once again. It growled as the primal anger inside it rose at it's inability to rip it apart and eat.