Passing the Flag

Quasar stepped off of the warp pad inside the temple. He momentarily took a look over to Stevens bed to notice him asleep finally.

"God, he's gonna need therapy sometime in his life." Said the AI to himself with sadness. Steven kept waking up in a fitful state. He kept having nightmares ranging from gems trying to kill him, massive space battles that ended with earth leaying in ruins, and the one that shook him the most was where he saw Will being murdered by Sunstone, Jet and Jasper.

He activated the temple door and pushed his battered robotic body forward. Through the door to the pocket dimension that was the inside of the temple. The floor abruptly changed from Crystal to wood as he stepped into Will's room. He connected to the computer systems inside.

He then transferred his programming out of the MK I shell that he was inhabiting.

He turned on the lights of the room, illuminating the area in light. He then had an and descend from the ceiling and pick up the broken shell.

With a flash of blue light he transferred himself into the computers downstairs. He watched as the robotic arm quickly came down to the lower level on it's track. It rested right up next to his holographic projection on the large workbench. Dropping the shell in front of him.

He raised his hand and the arm switched to scanning. Seeing where all the broken parts are. He wanted to see if it could be repaired, after all he had liked being able to move around.

A schematic was pulled up in front of him, showing off the current internal structure.

"Shit." He cursed to himself. The damage was severe enough that it wouldn't be worth it to fix the damn thing. So with a sigh he used the and to bring it over to the fusion furnace. Where the materials making it up would be meltdown to be used again.

He then just sat there for a moment, his holographic form sitting on the work bench. He then turned around to gaze at all the unused equipment. It felt wrong for it not to be used by his Spartan.

He hated what he had to do next, but it would have to be done.

He then pulled up the various scanners inside the temple. Scanning the rooms for their inhabitants. Pearl was sorting through her swords to keep her mind occupied. Amythest was currently decimating an old punching bag as well as anything else she could find. Lapis slept soundly in her hammock with a fire pit next to her.

He then found the gems he was looking for and put away the scanners. He once again transferred his programming to another device.

Thankfully he and Will made the scanners have a hardwired connection. Because it wasn't a very fun day when they found out wireless communications don't work well in the temple. They only got clear once they were close to their respective doors.

So in a flash of blue he dissapeared into the graphene wiring, transferring his vast amount of data nearly instantaneously. His essence flowed through the wiring until it came to a stop in the burning room.

A holographic tear came to his face as he thought. This was one of the few things he hated about being Meta Stable. His emotions on a whole different level then most other AI. Now he had to deal with the one that was basically his brother going missing. And to make it worse he had to pass on his responsibilities. Because no matter how hard the AI tried, he just wasn't capable enough to do it all himself.

He then focused back to his task at hand. He gazed through the tiny cameras lense. High quality video and audio being captured.

Garnet was at the far end of the burning room at a sturdy Crystal table. Her chaingun lay atop it in various pieces.