seventy-two

Hidden under the golden lights, shimmering among the rusted shelves and the towering blocks of ancient history, stood the elegance and grace secured by her own veil, her own identity that proudly showed the world her confidence, her determination to shine through their bigotry and their oppression. Just as the library sparkled in her presence, those who stood near her could not help the awe that escaped their lips, the surprise as she hummed a tune to herself in a quest for a new adventure. 

His wife had that effect on people. She had that charisma in her step, that smile in her voice. One could only watch the blossoming of her destiny, could only hold onto the petals that withered from her laughter. In a realm of darkness, Dina could be the flame to freedom,  to a life of happiness. Her love burned him like an everlasting desire that could never be extinguished.

And he was so damn lucky to call her his. 

Alhamdulilah (thanks to God), he found himself saying. May Allah continue to bless our love and allow us to be the center of each other's eyes. Ameen.

He smiled, watching Dina wander into another aisle, fingers skimming through the book covers while her eyes greedily absorbed the titles, a start to another tale, a gateway to another world one where her imagination would build upon the words and sentences that hypnotized her. Dina didn't even notice Nicholas was nearby. 

Dina begged him to go to the library again, and Nicholas couldn't refuse the puppy eyes and pouted lips. He tried to no avail. Sighing, he followed her blindly into another aisle, his eyes glued to her frame as a gentle smile touched his lips. 

How could he not love her?

She was perfect. He didn't deserve her, yet he still had the pleasure to call her his wife. 

As if the sands of time switched its tides, Dina's small hands outstretched above her, the book she desired too far from her reach. Instead of helping, Nicholas leaned against the shelf, chuckling to himself while he watched her jump towards the book. 

"Why do all the good books have to be above my height?" she huffed to herself. "I swear the universe is against me."

"You could just ask me to get it," he teased.

Dina swiftly turned on her heel, glaring daggers at him. "I will not admit to defeat, you jerk," she scoffed, focusing on the task at hand. "I'm going to get this book on my own."

He shrugged. "Maybe in a couple of years, sure."

"Shh, the master is thinking."

Like a light bulb, Dina's dark eyes sparked with a new idea. She took slow steps back until the distance was far enough. With a surprising sprint, she leapt up, and instead of her fingers brushing the cover, her finger hooked onto the spine. The rest of her plan was thanks to gravity. 

The book fell into her awaiting hand, and a triumphant smile proclaimed her victory. 

Dina stuck her tongue out at him. "I told you so."

"Real mature, Dina."

"Thank you, I know I am," she grinned. 

His wife didn't care about Nicholas's response as she opened her new book, touch as gentle and delicate as a feather, treating the pages like they were glass, priceless words with lasting impacts, a strong adoration for the awaiting tale. She was too engrossed in reading that the whole world disappeared around her. 

Nicholas frowned, not liking that her attention wasn't on him. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be jealous of a book. 

Pushing himself off the shelf, he took slow, soft steps towards her. Once he was behind her, his eyes scanned the area, but when there was no one to be seen, his arms stretched forward, caging Dina between his body and the shelf, his lips dipping down to her ear. 

Surprised, the book fell from her hands, a loud 'thud' echoing down the aisle. "N-Nick."

"Is something wrong?" he whispered, slow and sensual, low enough to drive her crazy with anticipation. "I only want to show my wife some love."

She inhaled sharply, lips parted in a desperate plea. 

His hand moved on its own accord, arm wrapped around her waist as he pressed against her, a subtle yet deliciously subtle sensation coursing through his veins like a fiery pulsing his every nerve. Restraint buzzed in the back of his mind, a forgotten chamber that he refused to step into. 

When Dina was in his arms, logical thinking felt like a mystical land, felt like a foreign threat to his love, his everything. She was his life, his world, and there was nothing that could separate him from her. No woman compared, and no woman could ignite desire and everlasting love like she did. 

Nicholas was falling deeper and deeper into the vortex of his wild, adorable wife. He fell that first day he met her and continued to fall now. 

"Is this... a good idea?" whispered Dina, eyes closed.

He couldn't help himself. Her breathless tone drove him crazy, made him want things he never wanted before, made him wish to be under the silk duvets of their bedroom. His arm turned her as he captured her lips in a savoring, passionate kiss, catching her off guard. 

She eagerly returned his affections, fingers reaching the mass of blonde hair that she loved to thread through. In a short amount of time, they knew more about each other than most couples, knew so much yet still tried to rediscover familiar territory. 

Dina gently bit his lip, pulling a loud groan from him,. 

"Did you hear that?" someone asked nearby. 

They froze as if a bucket of ice fell over. 

"I think it came from over there," another voice said. 

Dina settled back in his arms, cheeks flushed with a rosy tint and lips red from their secretive kiss. "Time to run?" she smiled. 

"Most definitely," he said grabbing her hand and the book on the ground. "Let's go before I get any more ideas."

Dina laughed in her usual bubbly, cheeky way, eyes bright with amusement that he swore he saw a forever of peace in them. Keeping in pace with him, his unpredictable wife leaned closer to his arm, clutching onto him tightly. 

Nicholas gazed down in awe. 

Just as Dina brought peace to Nicholas, he did the same for her. They were two stars in a galaxy, who were once separated due to their distance in so many aspects of life, yet they pushed through every obstacle, every pain to hold onto each other for eternity. Like those illuminating dots twinkling against a sea of danger and darkness, their destiny together shined as brightly as the sun. 

-----

Because I have so many exams, I decided a nice, cute, bubbly chapter would be perfect. Also, there's more character development for the both of them ;)

Nick, my boy. Look at you with your new confidence levels. That's a real man. 

Anyway, do you guys like the new Nick? Technically he's still the same great guy, but ya know, he's changed.

I need sleep. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

 Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!