Chapter 4

"How could you be so STUPID? Do you know what Shawn is going to do with you?"

Cory was basically yelling at Lucas and Riley.
He wasn't impressed with the fact that Lucas attacked Maya neither that his daughter was pregnant.
But he doesn't know what to do.

"I'll apologise. I lost my temper. It won't happen again," Lucas said.
"Hell right it won't," Shawn said and Cory got a fright.
"Shawnie!"
"Don't Shawnie me. Do you know what you did to Maya?"
"I'm so sorry Sir," Lucas said.
"Sorry? What were you thinking? You got my daughter's best friend pregnant know when Maya says anything you assault her?"
"What?" Josh asked and now everyone got a fright.
"Oh my..."
"I knew it. I can't believe what I just heard," Josh said.
"You didn't hear everything," Riley asked.
"I don't have to. Listen Shawn. I'm on my way to Philadelphia. My parents doesn't know what to do," Josh said.
"Try to help her please. You are possible the only one I'll allow near her now. I don't know what she's thinking," Shawn said.
"What are you talking about?" Cory asked.
"I send Maya to your parents for the summer. As for the moment she needs protection," Shawn said.
"I'll deal with you two when I get back. I have to go. I'll keep you updated and try to help Maya," Josh said and was gone.

"One call and it's done. I don't want anyone talking to Maya. None of you. Understood?" Shawn said and left.

~

Josh had just arrived at his parents house and was talking to his father.
Apparently nothing seems right.
Maya was in a room upstairs busy packing up while Amy was in the kitchen and the guys spoke in the living room.

"How is she handling everyone?" Josh asked.
"That's the weird thing. It's like it never happened. She is acting okay. Doesn't cry and doesn't look afraid of us," Alan said.
"Because she knows you. Shawn told me that he would appreciate it if I could help and that I'm probably the only one he'll allow near her," Josh said.
"He also told us if you are here not to prevent you from seeing her," Alan said.
"Yeah he would. Not like I'm gonna hurt her. At least I know she's safe," Josh said.

Maya was finished with her unpacking and was now heading down to the kitchen.
She heard Alan talking to someone and knew it was someone she knew.
Little did she know who it was.

"You unpacked?" Amy asked.
"Yeah I am. Who is Mr Matthews talking to?" Maya asked.
"Josh."

Maya's pov

Okay now all I'm wondering is who's handwork was this?
My dad or his?

"Okay I'm going to be in the garden," Maya said and was gone.

"Joshua," Amy said making her son turn around.
"She's knows you're here. She is in the backyard," Amy said.
"Okay let me see what damage the Texas guy has caused. Excuse me," Josh said and went outside.

He saw Maya and briefly smiled.
He didn't know what to actually do about this teenage girl but he is going to try and figure it out.

"Hey Maya," Josh said and Maya turned around.

Here we go.
All the new trouble going to happen next.

"Aren't you going to say something?"

Josh had came out a few minutes ago and all Maya has done is stared at him.
She hasn't spoken yet and she could see that made him worried.

"Like what?" Maya asked as she sat down on the grass.
"Guess that's a start. What are you..."
"Please don't. I don't have the energy to play guess-guess when you know what is going on," Maya said and stood up.
"Well I don't know what you want me to say Maya," Josh said and Maya went back inside the house.

"And now?" Amy asked.
"Nothing," Maya said.
"Can you just calm down?" Josh said as he came in the house.
"I'm not pulling my guts out. Not towards you," Maya said and went upstairs.
"Should've known coming was a mistake. She definitely feels very strong about this."