Chapter 10

It was late the afternoon and Maya and Josh was just sitting with Amy and Alan.
The two wanted to tell them so badly about their relationship but didn't know how.
They didn't even know what is going on between them.

"Did something happen yesterday?" Amy asked making Maya look at her.
"You guys were really awkward and weird with dinner," Amy said and Maya smiled.
"We're not sure actually," Maya said looking at Josh so he could get everything finilized.

"Maya developed feelings for me when we met three years ago and I though I felt nothing. A year later I found out but I do feel something but it's going to cause tension between her and Riley. Riley will ask her to make a choice and either way it's bad. So I pulled a trick in her because of her age. Last year we admitted that we liked each other but are playing the long game. Now those feelings are unfortunately too strong to be left in a alley. But we'll sort it out ourselves," Josh said.
"But there definitely is something?" Amy asked.
"Yeah there is," Josh said.

~

It was later the afternoon and Maya was just getting ready for the date.
Obviously she hasn't been on one before since it is her first time trusting someone.
She puts on some light make-up and then she hears Amy.

"Can I bother?"
"Yeah. What is it?" Maya asked and Amy gave her a box.
"Something for the date. It was my late mother's," Amy said and Maya opened the box.

 It was my late mother's," Amy said and Maya opened the box

"I can't take it," Maya said.
"I want you to have it. Josh is very special to me. He was my last son and probably last child ever to be born but I also know that you are special to us. Cory raised you well and I know that it wasn't easy to grow up without a mother for ten years. When Shawn came into your lives it was perfect. And I definitely know you make my son whole. You're his other half."
"Thank you but that isn't entirely true. A person isn't a half but a whole. I'm just contributing to him as a whole. I'm a half. I've always been half a person but I know ever since your son came into my life I've been completed. I'm actually pretty nerves," Maya said as she put on the earrings.
"Why?" Amy asked and sat down on the bed.
"I've loved him for so long and now I feel like I actually am getting somewhere. Nobody has paid a lot of attention to the stuff that I do. But he wants to help me. He wants to protect me. I always thought that a guy like that will only come to me in my dreams. But Josh is everything ai could ever imagine. I am very lucky to have him in my life."