Chapter 9

It was early the next morning and Maya wakes up.
She opens her eyes and immediately smiles.
Yesterday's kiss between her and Josh was pretty much all she could think about the rest of the day.
She had no idea how wonderful something like that could feel.
But then also...
What are her parents going to say?
She shakes her head as she climbs out of bed and gets dressed.

What are her parents going to say?She shakes her head as she climbs out of bed and gets dressed

As she heads to the kitchen she is stuck at pictures which are in the hall.
She smiles as she sees old photos of Josh with Riley and Auggie.
She wonders how her friendship could have gone so bad with Riley.
The young girl should be seven weeks pregnant by now.
Maya looks at the scratches on her wrists which are still very clear.
Shallow tears come through her eyes and then she sees Josh.

"Was so long ago. She was nine and Auggie was barely one. Crazy how your life can change, hey?" Josh said looking at Maya.
"Yeah. Yeah it is. Talking about change..." Maya said and turned around facing Josh.
"You, Mr Matthews, have a few things to explain to me. We aren't leaving things the way they are. My parents are supposed to come through tomorrow and I don't actually know what to tell them. They're gonna realize that I'm acting differently and..."

Before Maya could finish her sentence Josh pulled her close letting their lips touch.
Maya got lost in this one just like the previous one.
But this time she was completely aware of what is going on.
The kiss was spontaneous and real.
She could tell all the emotions was there.
Feeling happy, being a bit confused but letting it go on.
Maya pulls away and threw her arms around Josh's neck before looking him into the eye.

"Was it really about me being too young for you? About my age," Maya said.
"No. I was afraid that Riley would ask you to chose between me and her. I didn't want anything to be uncomfortable between the two of us neither between you and Riley. I know what you've been through. Through what sorrow," Josh said and broke eye contact for a second.
"When I saw how you were hurting when I came her last week. How much pain you wer me experiencing... I knew I wanted to protect you. That I never wanted you to feel that hurt again. Maya I never want to see you get hurt again," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"When did you start feeling something?" Maya asked.
"Ever since you snuck out to that college party two years ago. I haven't stopped thinking about you ever since Ski Lodge. And yeah, I know. Even I have hurted you before which I will never be able to forgive myself for what I did do to you," Josh said and Maya gave him a soft kiss.

"You didn't. You wanted to protect me even if you did barely meet me. I'm grateful for having you in my life. You are truly the best thing that ever happened to me and I won't exchange it for the world. But... I think we have to make a decision," Maya said.
"Maya Hunter, would you go on a date with me?" Josh asked and Maya smiled.

She slightly nodded before leaning over for yet another kiss.
She couldn't get over how it felt.
Not then either any other kiss of them.
And she doesn't think it's ever going to change.