Chapter 7

It was early the morning and Maya wake up.
She hears a car start and looks out of the window.
Alan and Amy were driving out of the driveway but she doesn't see Josh.
Or course he feels he has to take care of her.
She quickly gets dressed befire she goes to the living room.

"Morning Gorgeous. Coffee?" Josh asked and Maya laugh at the nickname.
"Sure where are your parents going?" Maya asked and Josh gave her a cup.
"They are going out for the day. Don't worry about that. What do you want to do?"
"Josh it's not your job to take care of me. I van do that perfectly on my own. Your parents are gonna think you're taking my side instead of your niece's and that is where your attention should be," Maya said.
"I already did that. I don't agree with what Riley and Lucas did. Yes he probably lost his temper or something but they should face the consequences of their deeds. I'm not feeling sorry for you. I want to help you. If you'll allow me," Josh said.
"Looks like we are moving here. I got a call from my dad saying he is looking at properties from New York and I have to decide what school to go," Maya said.
"In what area is he looking for?" Josh asked.
"House is one mile from here which he has his eye on," Maya said.
"Roxborough is close by. I went there. I'll get an appointment for you to see if we can get you in. In the meantime I don't think just thinking is a good idea. So what do you want to do today?" Josh asked and Maya smiled.

~

It was now three days later since that huge incident with the Matthews and Cory was sitting in the apartment with Riley and Lucas.
He didn't know what to say to either but thought he would share the news about the Hunters with them.

"Maya isn't going to Abigail anymore," Cory said.
"Why not?" Riley asked in a panicked voice.
"Apparently Shawn thought it would be best to pull her out," Cory said.
"Shawn thought it was best to pull Maya out of everyone. Your mother called me. Looks like the Hunters are moving to Philadelphia. Shawn approved the news and said they are looking at houses from here while Josh is helping to get Maya into Roxborough. It's official," Topanga said.
"So no rumour? Gosh looks like my brother got lucky. But I'm not surprised. Shawn wouldn't send Maya to Philadelphia while knowing anything can happen there."
"What about their feelings? The long game, someday whatever they call it. Doesn't make any difference for Josh that he is family? He should be taking my side," Riley said.
"Sorry but even we aren't doing that. You Missy are grounded for the next two months and your punishment will be revealed by your parents," Cory said.
"Oh gosh. So Maya is living the life in Philadelphia and we get punished? Great."