Book Three: Chapter Seven

We road onto Gondor for about six more nights and many leagues. Finally, the White City came into view.

"Be careful, young Kaelen. I imagine that the city is in chaos due to recent circumstances. Don't expect a warm welcome from anyone but King Aragorn and your cousin, Arwen," grandfather said, coming near a guard.

"State your business, old man," the guard spoke with little manners.

"I am here to see King Aragorn." The guard snickered.

"What nerve do you possess that would make you even dare to see the king?!"

Norian flicked his wrist, catching the guard's black beard on fire. "Norian the Red, you fool. Now if you had any sense at all in that thick head of yours, you would let me through." The guard nodded quickly, trying put the flame out. I casted out my own hand and blew the fire out.

"We'll be going now," Norian said after the gate was opened. "Good day, sir." We continued up the path until we arrived in front of the palace. Guards lined the walls, all ready to attack.

"Hello, Faradrim," a guard of high ranking greeted, doing a handshake-hug with our companion. "Aragorn is expecting you. I am surprised to see that you brought both Norian the Red and Kaelen, princess of Mirkwood. Well done."

Faradrim gave a sorrowful expression. "It is not good, Chief Beriadan. Mirkwood was attacked. I'm afraid that Middle Earth will be thrown into another war." Beriadan patted Faradrim's arm reassuringly.

"We will prevail just like last time."

"Too bad it isn't as easy as throwing a ring into a volcano. Now you do have to actually fight," I couldn't help but add.

"Ah, Kaelen, daughter of Lady Arietta and King Legolas. That mean streak does seem to run in the family, doesn't it?" With this, he gave a pointed look to Norian who just chuckled.

"We are the family of flame. Quick to get heated up. Hard to stop once going. Now, ignoring the previous statement that my great-granddaughter has thrown out, let's go see Aragorn." Beriadan nodded, going in through the huge doors. We were met by huge green pillars, quite a contrast to the white marble outside. Sitting on the throne was King Aragorn who I had only met once when I was about five. He looked much older than then.

"Nice to see you in one piece, son." I jerked my head in surprise.

"He's your son? I thought that he was the son of Faramir?" I asked, taking a few steps back.

"No, he is indeed my son. My own seed birthed by my wife."

I bit my lip. "Okay, so if he's your son, why didn't I see him when I was younger?" Aragorn rubbed his small beard.

"If memory serves me right, Legolas made sure that you two wouldn't meet." I raised my eyebrows in annoyance. My dad would prevent me from meeting any males my age.

"Now that's settled, are you here to help in the war against evil?" Aragorn asked. I nodded, looking over at Norian who also nodded.

"Good." Turning to a maid that I just noticed, he nodded towards us. "Please find a comfortable room for Lady Kaelen. Faradrim, escort her. Norian and I will discuss things." Faradrim and the servant nodded, before leading me down a corridor. We came to the last door on the right. Inside was a room similar and different to my old one. There was purple silk blankets with black curtains to keep out the sun.

"I must be off," the maid muttered, practically running away. I turned to Faradrim with a quizzical look. He just shrugged.

"Now," he said, placing his hands around my waist. "Do you want to test the bed out?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I chuckled.

"Okay but don't let things get too far." He pushed me against the bed, pressing his lips to mine, his hands undoing the strings on my dress. We continued making out, my heart rate increasing until I heard how ragged Faradrim's breathing was. I was killing him. I tried pulling away, but Faradrim followed my lips.

"Stop it!" I commanded, pushing him away. He lost his balance, probably because of his heavy breathing. When he had finally regained some normalcy, he gave me a dejected look.

"I didn't move forward or anything. Why did you freak out?" I placed a finger on his heart, causing it to speed up.

"That is why. If my emotions get out of wack, things die." He looked down, taking my hand in his.

"What would happen if we, uh, consummated our love?" I covered a giggle.

"You wouldn't be able to catch your breath if get my meaning."

He chuckled. "Want to test that theory?" I nodded. This was a different age than my parents. Things moved faster here.

***Please vote and comment.***