5. Fake Boyfriend?

Chapter five

I honestly can't believe what I'm seeing. Mason lied to me, he said that he broke up with his girlfriend and me being the idiot believed him. But he seemed serious like he didn't lie about anything. And in this moment, I'm seeing Mason and his girlfriend sharing a passionate kiss right in front of me.

What do I feel like?

My heart was slowly breaking.

I didn't understand why, I knew Mason recently but already I liked him. Crazy right? But what do I do, you like someone very fast.

I looked down as I saw them pull apart, that sad part was. He didn't pull away before she kissed him.

Mason cleared his throat making it seem awkward.

"Mason you didn't introduce me to your friend." I looked up and saw that she was smiling at me while wrapping an arm around Mason's arm.

I finally took the time to look at Mason, while he didn't look at me directly. More like avoiding me.

"Oh umm-..." Mason started but I cut him off.

I took out my hand and gave a forced smile. "I'm Chloe, and you are?"

She unwrapped her arm around Mason's and shook my hand smiling, she even had soft hands. "I'm Miranda, I'm Mason's girlfriend." She said brightly and confidently. While I saw Mason sighing with his hand on his forehead, what's up with him? "Did something happened to you? I mean something must of happened since you're here." She asked nicely.

"I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle,"

Miranda gasped. "That's so devastating." Yeah she even sounds fake, but more realistic.

"It's not that bad, I mean I have to rest for a couple weeks but that's about it." I replied back saying, Miranda nodded listening to every word I was saying.

Miranda looks at Mason admirly, "I came back because I wanted to see Mason, and we haven't been in contact for so long. I heard what happened to his Nan since he called me straightaway, but I hear that she's fine for now." Mason rolled his eyes rudely.

"I only called you, because my nan wanted me to." Mason replied back.

I sense that there's only one person who likes the person while the other doesn't. Well that definitely isn't awkward. But why did Mason kiss her back?

I have to get out of here fast.

"Sorry to interrupt but I have to get going, my mom might be wondering why I'm taking so long." Miranda nodded understanding.

"Well it was nice meeting you, I hope you get better." Miranda said.

I smiled. "It was nice meeting you too, and thank you." I turned to Mason, while he finally looks at me with guilty look. "I'll see you at school." I gave him a smile, showing him that I'm perfectly fine. When clearly I wasn't.

***

I was hoping I'd get a text message from Mason soon, but nothing. I wasn't disappointed, I thought at least he would have thought about me and said sorry but nothing. Weird.

I shook my head, I was thinking too much about it.

"Hey honey?" Mom called.

 I dropped my clothes and went downstairs to my mother. "Yes mom, you called?"

"Yes dear, I was wondering what colour dress I should wear." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

She showed me, a dark purple dress that was long up to the knees I bet, and a dark blue dress which was roughly the same design as the other on.