I Hate Him

Chapter 12: (Xavier's POV)- I Hate Him

"I hate him."

"You hate your dad?" The confusion was clear in her voice.

"Yeah. I hate my dad. I can't like someone that's never there for me. Someone who only causes trouble and pain when he is here."

"Let's talk about something-"

"Something else? Why? I know you want to ask. Just ask." I don't know where this coldness and anger were coming from but it was here, for worse or for better.

"Ask what?" Her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Don't act like you don't curious when you walk by here with nothing but screams and yelling coming from inside. I know you see his car in the driveway and I know you ride or walk by." I ran my hand through my tousled hair.

"What goes on in your house is none of my business. Just because I notice it and have doubts doesn't mean they need to be answered on raised," she huffed.

"The whole neighborhood notices it, everyone's just too afraid to ask," I scoffed coldly.

"I'm not afraid. I know it's not my place to ask so why would I?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Well then, maybe you're just smarter than the rest of the neighborhood," I chuckled.

"Maybe I am," she nodded. "I'm telling you, people are dumb. Do not listen to any stupid thing they tell you. And don't let them get to you," she laughed humorlessly.

Silence

Pin-drop silence

~~~~~

About ten minutes had passed and we were still sitting in silence. 

"Sorry for snapping like that." I was first to apologize, not that she had anything to apologize for.

"It's okay. It happens." She shrugged lightly.

"You're one of the nicest people I know, Aubrey. I like that about you." I smiled at her softly. 

She looked down, hiding the blush that began to creep up on her cheeks. She turned her gaze to mine. "Well, I could say the same thing about you." She smiled back softly. 

I shook my head while looking down at the ground. 

"Well then what are you?" she questioned teasingly. 

I looked up at her with amusement and a smirk on my face. "Genius, billionaire-" I couldn't finish because she spoke.

"Playboy, philanthropist." She nodded while looking down and laughing. "The avengers. Classic," she laughed, throwing her head back while her eyes closed.

God, she was beautiful.

"Glad you know the line, most people don't get it." I smiled at her. 

Her brows furrowed, "Of course I know it. Iron man is..." she struggled to find the words. "Iron man," she chuckled awkwardly.

After that, we were out there till sunset. We talked about movies, books, Ace and Vi, her obsession with some actors *ahem* Dylan O'Brien *ahem*, even I can't deny that he is pure, perfection, her words, not mine.

We talked about how she loved to paint but drawing was not her forte, how I loved to do graffiti which got me in trouble quite a few times, how she loves to swim but is afraid of the deep ocean, how my parents have filed for a divorce but hers do pretty well even with the distance, how we're both terrified of clowns, how we both want to leave this town one day and travel and as it turns out, Carthy and I have a lot more in common than we thought.