Why Would You Lie?

Chapter 26: (Aubrey's POV)- Why Would You Lie?

"Bye, mom!" I yelled as I swiftly got on my bike and began riding over to Xavier's. This has become a daily thing for me now and I know it'll last the summer but what happens after that?

I mean, school's gonna start, and what if his feelings for me end along with the summer? I truly don't think mine will if they're already as strong as they are but- I just hate that I don't know if we'll work.

I wish I could get a sign that'll tell me that we will or won't work. That way I can prepare myself for both. I haven't been taking the long way since Xavier punched Peter so I think he took the hint and is finally leaving me alone.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts when I pulled up into Xavier's driveway to see an unfamiliar car in the driveway. My eyebrows knitted together as I slid off my bike and set the stand down, leaning it against the mailbox just in case as usual. I pulled out my earphones as I got to the porch.

I was about to step over the two steps that are there and ring the doorbell but my clumsy ass just tripped. I would've fallen on my face but my hands hit the door and just my luck, the door swung open after I caught myself instead of before which would also lead me to a punctured face.

Why was the front door open? 

I stumbled in through the door as I heard muffled voices coming from upstairs while footsteps got louder. I stayed still, rooted to my spot just in case I had to run out if I saw something I wasn't supposed to, again.

"You need to leave before she gets here, leave." I heard Xavier speaking to someone seriously. 

Who was he talking to? Was it another girl? 

I ignored the stinging in my heart and continued to listen.

"But I want to stay, just tell her not to come today!" A whiny voice with a high pitch replied.

"I already told her to come last night. She's staying the night today," he explained with frustration seeping through his voice. "You need to leave. Right the hell now," he demanded sounding more and more angry and agitated by the moment.

"I want to stay, babe!" 

Now that I know for a fact that there's another girl here, I also know that I'm not supposed to be hearing this. Maybe I should just leave and give him a chance to come clean and tell me himself.

"This needs to stop. We need to stop seeing each other, I like her Julie. A lot," he sighed. 

Of course, it was Julie. He even hinted at it! 'We're really close' he said. I was stupid. I was dumb to think he liked me.

"You're falling for her, Parker. Too bad we had a deal," she spoke nonchalantly, almost tauntingly.

"Too bad I don't want it anymore. Get the hell out," he demanded. 

How dumb were they? His bedroom door is wide open and so was the front door. Okay, maybe not wide open but anyone could have opened it, and out of all the people in this cursed town it just had to be me?

"Fine. Just don't come crawling to me when she doesn't give you what you want. Admit it, Parker, I'm the best you'll ever get." I heard her walk around, grab her 'belongings' I suppose before I saw her stepping out.

"I'll wait until she does if I have to." 

I saw him walking closely behind her. I was frozen. I swear I tried to move but my feet were planted on the ground and they just wouldn't fucking move. Until our eyes met.

"Aubrey?" His voice instantly snapped me out of it and that's when I realized that tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably. I quickly wiped them away as soon as I could before turning right back around, speed walking to my bike.