Ezio

This may be easier than I thought.

I watch as the Princess stares dragger into me. She reaches for the fork in her maid's hands, which strangely has a tomato on it.

"You might as well quit right now." She says, narrowing her brown eyes at me.

My gaze lands on the maid standing behind her.

Hmm. She looks like a typical citizen from the Sun Kingdom. Dark brown skin, dark kinky hair, her and the princess might as well be cousins.

"So you're not going to talk to me? Good. You don't have to follow me around either then. Just stay in here and continue to look like a statue." She scoffs, finally turning her attention towards her maid again, instead of me.

What an annoying young woman.

She seems to be about my age, maybe a couple years younger and yet she acts like a toddler. Has she never faced anything in her life before? Couped up in this castle, she seems like she's never seen anything but riches.

This will be an easy kill.

"Princess, my job is to accompany you everywhere you go, and make sure you don't get yourself into any trouble." I state. Her eyes go wide as I hold back a scoff.

Did she really believe I couldn't speak?

"So you do talk. Good." She says, in her typical ignorance.

As I walked around the castle, seeing the people swim in riches and laugh with heavy stomachs, I realized something.

None of these people have faced any hardships.

My sister and I have gone through hell and back and yet, somehow there are people on this planet without a worry.

Why do they deserve my pity?

Why should their princess live with freedom and yet my sister locked in a cage I kill to free her from?

I won't hold back. I refuse to.

I'm sorry, Princess, but you must die for the sake of my sister and my life.

Irmina

"Wake up, princess! We have to go to your phonics lesson." Sofie shouts as my eyes adjust to the light.

"Sofie...? Ughhh, no. I'm too tired, I need to sleep. Please." I stuff my head under my pillow, trying to return to my slumber. All of a sudden, I feel hands on my waist as I'm being lifted on to my feet. I come face to face with Ezio as he sets me down on the ground.

He must be insane...

I nearly lash out but instead tighten my fists into a ball.

"This is highly unacceptable! You must unhand the princess now!" Sofie rips his hands off my waist as I scoff.

"I knew a gentleman such as yourself, would have no manners." I send him a false grin. His eyebrows furrow.

"You refused to get up. People I know would die for lessons of any kind. You can say I gave you a sorts of motivation." And with that, he goes back over to the couch he slept on last night, standing beside it as Sofie and I watch him with wide eyes.

No one has ever had the nerve to approach me like that.

I hate it and I'll make sure he regrets it.

My wide eyes narrow as I turn my head, heading for the bathroom. Sofie trails behind me.

Today's day 1 of getting rid of Ezio and I can't wait to get started.

~~~

"Princess, I have to go and clean your room. I can't stay!" Sofie says, as I hold onto her arm as hard as I can.

"Please don't leave me with him! You saw what he did this morning, what if you aren't there to protect me?!" I whine, begging her to come to my next class with me.

Ezio scoffs.

"I will see you after your class. Now. Let. Go." She manages to get away, scurrying away down the corridor as I sigh.

Damn.

"Princess, you're going to be late if you stall any longer. Let's go." He states, standing beside me as I roll my eyes.

"Your job is to protect me, not boss me around. I know I'm running late." I roll my eyes, turning to walk down the long dull corridor. Ezio says nothing as we continue down the hallway into the library room.

My English teacher, John, sits at our usual desk, surrounded by his books. I sigh.

He's been in this castle so long, he probably forgot what the outside looks like. He's likes this place so much he might as well replace me and become princess. It's not fair he has the freedom to leave and doesn't and yet I'm stuck here in this place with no escape.

I look behind me, sending a glare to Ezio.

And now I have my own personal prison guard. Great.

"Are you going to stand out there until my books try to sneak away like you do, princess?" John grumbles, peeking at me from the side as he holds either side of a book open, despite having read every book in this library, twice.

"I'm coming in, it's not like I'm every ran away from our lessons before." I say, walking into the room, picking up my gown so it doesn't collect dust from the floor.

The janitors try to clean but John doesn't let anyone in here, except himself and of course he doesn't clean anything other than the books so I'm forced to suffer in the dustiness he lives in every single morning.

I sneeze, halting in my tracks as I become disoriented for a moment. Ezio bumps into my rear and I lose my balance, heading towards the floor.

No, not the dirt.

An arm wraps around my waist, pulling me back up. Ezio clears his throat, glaring down at me as he sets me down.

"For someone who constantly tries to escape, you need assistance more than I thought you would." He mumbles, moving away from me as I, again, hold my tongue.

He'll see. He'll hate me so much more by the time I'm done with him.

I exhale and stand in front of John, who watching Ezio with curious eyes.

"He's my bodyguard." I choke out. John looks up at me, nods, and continues to look at Ezio.

"The whole palace knows, how could you assume I don't? Though I may be old, I have ears and eyes just like the rest of you." He smiles, showing me a crooked grin. I can't help but grin myself.

His toothy smile always gets me. It's adorable.

"So why are you watching him?" I ask, grabbing my notebook from the pile of old books. John shakes his head.

"I know that young man from somewhere. Perhaps a different... kingdom?" He mutters to himself. I lift a brow.

Old man John is known for his memory. That's how he reads all these books and remembers enough to blah on about them for hours at times.

How could he remember him if he hasn't left the castle for nearly 15 years now?

"He-" I begin but quickly shut my mouth.

I actually don't care. Ezio isn't someone I should know more about, he's someone I need to get rid of.

So I'll just focus on that.

"Enough chit chat, Princess. Let's get into the tale of Medriads and Ganpires..."

Ignoring the burning gaze behind me, I begin my boring lesson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you guys like it so far? 

I'm starting this story back up as well so tell me what you think! 

ciaooo