VIII

"And you need to stop tossing me around!" I spit, trying to release my wrists out of his grip. He stares down at me as a dark haze settles on his eyes. His once annoyed gaze shifts to...something else.

"Hey... let go. Seriously." My voice is shaky as he continues to bore down on me. We hold eye contact as my lungs cry for air.

"You should breathe." He says, his fingers loosening. I shoot up, gasping for air.

When did I hold my breath...?

"You shouldn't play these kinds of games if you get scared so easily." He says with the same dead tone.

"Well, you shouldn't be so quick to grab people. What is wrong with you?" I look at my wrists. Luckily no bruises appear. The bed dips as Ezio gets off it and heads to his usual corner.

"The game's over, right? Go to sleep." He says, leaning against the wall. I scoff.

Whatever. I need rest anyway to calm my nerves. I wish Sofie were here.

"You don't have to tell me that." I say, throwing the covers over my face.

For a second there... I felt threaten like in the forest.

I squeeze my eye shut, shaking my head.

I wish he would disappear and leave me alone.

Ezio

I almost messed up.

She has everything she could ever want in this castle, while my sister rots in her prison.

Playing a game with a foreign princess and forgetting my duty is unacceptable. It's inexcusable.

My only thought was I needed to hurry. I was about to put my hands around her throat and snap it. But I have more to do here. I have to make sure of my sister's freedom.

The princess's snores reach my ear as moonlight shines through the window onto the side of her face. Her dark skin glistens as her long eyelashes cast shadows down her cheeks.

We're so close in age and yet she sleeps so soundly, while my rests are full of nightmares and that's if I can even get a few hours of sleep.

I'm so close to everything I've ever hoped for and I won't let this selfish princess get in the way.

~~~

"Please John, let me stay here! I won't cause any trouble." The princess pleads with her tutor as my usual stop on the wall remains as uncomfortable as ever.

For the last 2 weeks, she has begged John to let her help around the library, which he denies every time. He seems to be the only one not spoiling the princess.

"No, princess. You have to leave. You'd probably ruin my library, the way you are. Now, shoo. Ezio, can you pleas-"

"Never mind. I can leave myself." The princess rolls her eyes as she pivots off her heel, walking right by me without so much as a look up.

Every since that night, she pretends I am as much a wall, as the actual wall is. It seems she's sharper than she looks.

"Your father requests your presence today." I state, as she continues to her next class.

"Can't you ask Sofie to tell me these things? I don't enjoy having you even speak to me." The princess snarks. I sigh.

Does she think I have a choice?

"Take that up with your father, not me." I stop as she freezes in her tracks in front of me. Her thick black hair sways in the wind as she turns around to face me.

"Don't speak on my Father." She hisses. I nearly choke my a laugh.

I guess I struck a nerve. Good, I was getting tired of being ignored and treated like one of the dramatic paintings on these walls. I need to befriend her or find another way to get information from her.

She seems like the type not to hold back during arguments.

"And if I do?" I look down, making eye contact with the princess. She tilts her head, narrowing her eyes at me. I scoff and her eyes go wide.

"You've decided to act up?" She asks, her eyes still wide in surprise.

"No, but I'd rather argue with you any day, than to be ignored. Let's just say it's a pet peeve." She laughs, mockingly as I take a step closer to her. Her smile falters as I lean closer to her.

"Pet peeve my ass. You just want to annoy me. These past 2 weeks have been peaceful, why mess it up?" She asks. I grin.

"You're the annoying one. I'd bet Sofie would even agree." She flinches and looks away. Knowing just how much trouble she puts Sofie through, there's no argument there.

"Don't talk about Sofie either. You don't know me." She argues.

"I wonder about that." I say, not giving her the chance to reply as I walk past her, heading in the direction of her classes.

There's no response behind me as I finally stop, turning to get the princess.

"Princess..."

My eyes widen as no one stands behind me.

I sigh.

She really knows how to get the final word, huh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guysssss, what do we think?? 

Where'd she goooo? 

until next update, ciao