Chapter 10

Fast footsteps and talking filled the once quite place.

"This goes here... and that goes there."

...

"Wonder who'll attend this year..."

...

"And who'll be absent today."

Was always what he continually kept hearing in this mansion of his. He kept out of sight and watched near the handrailing.

"Still in a sour mood?"

"Obviously."

Canada sighs at his brother's reply and gently shakes his shoulder to snap him out of his current attitude.

"You didn't hear me complain when UN had the meeting in my house."

Canada said to him but his brother gave him a quick reply.

"Yeah, but he didn't told me in advance!"

Canada gave him a dissapointed look at his reply.

"You don't even live here anymore! And beside, this place was deserted and full of dust when UN and the others came."

America didn't replied as he continues to focus at how busy UN and his crew are decorating the place.

"Maybe some special country may attend this year~"

Canada said in a way to brighten America's mood.

"Pfft, like I'll believe in that."

He scoffed at that thought and suddenly lost his interest to watch what was happening in the first floor.

"Call me in my room once the meeting starts."

America said to his brother as he walks away. A heavy feeling in his heart as he took slow steps towards his room.

'Will he even come?'

Once he turned the doorknob, he opened the large dark mahogany door that leads to his old room.

The walls were painted to a lovely sky blue color, adorning with white laced curtains in the windows. A king size bed with simple bed sheets in the middle, and a light oak table in the corner with a small bookshelf paired to the table.

He collapsed to his bed and just looked at the ceiling reliving his memory lane of the past.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As the sun starts to rise, a large ship sailed in the sea trying to find land in the never ending sea.

"There! An island!"

America shouted as he and his crew continued to sail to the said island.

But he wasn't expecting the ships of Spain Empire.

"Looks like this land is colonized by Spain Empire..."

As he said that, he took his telescope and tried to see the land closer. Once he placed the telescope in his eye, he saw Spain Empire and some else fighting near the shore.

Before he could take the telescope out, he saw 4 other people running up to the fight. He recognize Spain Empire's son, but he didn't know who the other 3 were.

They were protecting the man who was fighting with Spain Empire. One of them seems to be the eldest, his face adorning with red and black lined and a blue triangle in the left.