+ quinn - love

this is kind of irrelevant to how you started dating her in the preferences

       You always got jealous whenever you saw someone talking to Quinn, who was your friend, and you were unsure why exactly. You always invited her to hang out at your house because you always enjoyed her company no matter what. Shit. It just hit you. You were in love with Quinn. "Don't you agree?... (Y/n)?...
(Y/n)... helloo?" Quinn snapped you out of your thoughts. "Oh uhh yeah." you quickly respond. "Why are you so distracted lately?" she asked. "What? I'm not. I'm just tired today." you lied. "I uh I gotta go." you finished. "Okay." she said, her statement sounding more like a question.

[time jump: 1 week later]

     You rushed over to where your best friend, Santana, was. You gently grabbed her wrist and lead her into an empty classroom. "(Y/n), what the fuck? I was talking to Britt.." she complained. "Sorry uhm.. I have to tell you something." you hesitated to say. "(Y/n).. I'm with Brittany-" you cut her off, "No no no. NO. Not that, Santana. I don't like you like that. It's not about you." you emphasized the word 'you'. "Then what's this about?" she asked impatiently. "Uhm. I-" she cut you off this time, "Come on, (y/n/n), I don't have all day." you took a breath. "I-I think I'm in love with Quinn." you whispered the last part. "What? Who?" she asked, this clearly peaking her interest. "Uh.. Quinn." you said, louder this time. "Quinn?!" she said a little too loud. "Shh.. yes." you responded. ""Sorry.. like Quinn Fabray?" she asked. "Yes, Quinn Fabray." you nervously spoke. "You think you're in love with her?" she questioned. "No.. I'm definitely in love with her. It's bad." you hesitated to say. "I don't know what to do." you finished. "I would say.. go for it." Santana answered. "What?" you asked, confused. "I mean, she's not dating anyone. Plus, what do you have to lose?" she said. "Uhm my friendship with Quinn." you said, making it sound obvious. "True. But, I bet she likes you too. Ya know, now that I think about it.. I'm pretty sure she does." she smiled. "Does what?" Santana rolled her eyes at your question, "Like you." "How do you know that?" you asked. "Come on, (Y/n), it's obvious." you rolled your eyes at this statement. "Do you want me to just tell her for you? That'd be easier." she turned around, starting to walk out of the room. You found your hand right back on Santana's wrist, "No. No please don't. Thank you, San, but this is something I have to tell her myself." Santana just nodded and smiled. "Oh and please don't tell anyone." you added as you left the room.
-
"...and then she told me not to tell anyone, but you don't count." Quinn heard as she walked past the choir room. Quinn ignored Santana's voice until she walked past the second door and heard, "I'm confused. She loves Quinn?" this caused Quinn to stop in her tracks. "What is there to be confused about? (Y/n) loves Quinn. There's nothing else to it." Quinn's eyes widened and her mouth gaped open. (Y/n) was in love with her? How? When? Quinn continued walking down the hall when you spotted her. "Hey, Q! Wanna catch a movie tonight? I have to study but after tha-" she cut you off. "I can't." she quickly walked away. This worried you mostly because Quinn has never once blew you off like that. Your immediate reaction was to find Santana.
-
"Did you tell her?!" you nearly shouted at your best friend, causing Brittany, who was standing next to her, to jump a little. "What? No. Of course I didn't." she said with a tone in her voice. "Don't worry, (Y/n), your secret is safe with me." Brittany acted as if she was zipping her lips closed. You whipped your head back towards Santana, who was giving Brittany a look. "You told Brittany?!" other people were starting to look in your direction. When you noticed this, you rolled your eyes and started walking away, before you were stopped. "Hey I had every right to tell Brittany." Santana raised her voice. You raised an eyebrow at her, "I clearly told you NOT to tell anyone. That includes Brittany. Now she probably heard thanks to you.". "First of all I NEVER agreed to not telling anyone. You should watch who you tell shit to if you don't want it spreading around." this left you speechless, but only for a moment. "Well excuse me for thinking I could trust my best friend. She probably overheard you or something because now she won't talk to me." you admitted. "Who?" someone from the group of people crowding around you shouted. You ignored the question. "And how is that my fault? Is it my fault that you told me? No. Is it my fault that she overheard? No. Is it my fault that she won't talk to you? You finish the puzzle." Santana glared at you. "Ok I will. Yes. It was your fucking fault." you started walking towards her when you felt someone grab you to pull you away. You were fighting their grasp on your arm until you realized that it was Quinn who was pulling you back. You turned to her and she let go of your arm. She grabbed your wrist and lead you outside. "What the hell was that, (Y/n)?" she frowned. "I'm sorry. She just gets me so frustrated sometimes." you said in return. "Yeah I know that, I mean what were you arguing about?" she questioned. You took a deep breath as Quinn patiently waited for an answer from you. "Quinn, I-I love you." you could feel your cheeks heating up. Your breath started to quicken before you felt Quinn's lips on yours. This shocked you for a second, but then you kissed back. Quinn pulled away, "I love you too." she smiled, looking into your eyes. You copied her smile. She intertwined her hand with yours as you both started walking towards the parking lot. "So.. you were really arguing about me?" she smirked. "Shut up." you teased, causing her to giggle.

________
[a/n: sorry this isn't great, but i hope you enjoyed it anyways. let me know if you want me to do more imagines. i promise they'll be better next time lol.]