+ marley - auditions

this is an imagine from my 'Supergirl Imagine Book [& more]'. i decided that i should move it into this book as well.

   You were sitting in glee club, which you had been in for a year now, on a chair with your legs hugged against your chest. Brittany was talking about auditions for what felt like the millionth time this week, so you were almost completely zoned out, that is until you heard Brittany start talking to you, "(Y/n). (Y/n). Hello are you even listening?" she said with a tone. "What? Uh sorry. What were you saying." you responded. "I was saying that we have to pick the new Rachel." she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "The what?" you asked, giving a confused look. "The new Rachel. Ya know, like the 'star' of glee club." she said, annoyed with you for not understanding. "Uh, okay. What does that have to do with me? I'm obviously not gonna be the 'star' of the group. So what do you want me to do?" you said, knowing that you weren't the soloist type. "We need you to judge who will be the next Rachel." she said, now smiling. "Absolutely not." you responded. "Please, (y/n). Please." she begged. "Nope." you said, walking out of the room. "But we need someone to do it." she replied. "Not me." you shouted back, walking backwards, to face the room. You were turning around to start walking forward again, when you bumped into someone. "Oh my God. I am so sorry." the girl said. "No don't be sorry, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where i was walking." you said, helping her pick up her notebooks and pencils that she had dropped. You looked up at her and she had to be one of the most beautiful girls you've ever seen. "Thanks." she said, standing up, while you handed her her stuff. "Are you part of the glee club?!" she asked, excitedly, with an adorable smile plastered on her face. "Uhm yeah. Actually I am." you said, copying her expression. "Why? Are you interested in joining?" you asked her. "Yeah, I was going to audition tomorrow." she said, now looking nervous. "Okay, cool. Well, I'll see you then." you responded. You started to walk away when the girl asked "Hey uh, what's your name?" "(Y/n)." You responded with a smile. "I'm Marley." "Well it's nice to meet you, Marley." you said with a smile, walking away. Marley walked away, excitedly.

You honestly hated how the people in the glee club would act sometimes, but you did love them because they were like your second family. Most of the people at your lunch table started to make fun of the new lunch lady for her weight and how she looked, which was not cool at all and you 100% did not support their rude opinions. You wanted to say something, but you didn't want them to hate you for it, so you kept your mouth shut. You saw the same girl that you had bumped into the day before, walking into the cafeteria. You were zoned out, which seemed to be almost routine for you today, not even realizing that you were watching Marley sit down at another table. "Oh my God again? (Y/n). Hello?" Brittany said to you. "Sorry." you said, feeling guilty for zoning out while Brittany was talking for the second time today. "What are you thinking about that's so important, that you can't listen to what I have to say?" Brittany questioned. "Uh- nothing." you responded. "Damn, girl what are you looking at at?" the new member, Waide Unique said, looking around, trying to spot what you had your eyes on. "You're looking at the girl you practically knocked over in the hallway, aren't you?" Blaine said. "That's right, (y/n), we saw that." he said, teasing you. "I am not. Why would I be looking at her?" you asked. "Uh because you like her, that's why." Brittany added in. "That's crazy. We just met. I do not like her." you said, a smile threatening to appear on your lips. "That's what you say now, but just wait. I'm calling it." Tina said. You rolled your eyes, with a small smile spreading across your lips, while you got up to walk away. "We can see you smiling." Blaine shouted to you. "No you can't." you shouted back, walking out of the cafeteria.

{ time jump: the auditions, the next afternoon}

    Before the auditions, you were met with a nervous Marley. "Hey, you're gonna do great. You're okay. Don't be nervous. You got this." you smiled. "Thanks, (y/n)." she said, with a genuine smile on her face. You hugged her, "Good luck."

     You were sitting in the auditorium, next to Blaine and Brittany, watching auditions. You were getting bored, as you had been sitting there for over an hour now. There was one kid who came on that was too full of himself for his own good, which made you cringe. He had a good voice, but he was rude and seemed like the selfish type, so right after he was told to leave. You and the rest of the glee club had agreed he wouldn't be making the cut.

  After a few more auditions, Marley finally walked on stage. "Hi uhm.. Im Marley Rose. I'm going to be singing uhm 'New York State of Mind' by Billy Joel." she said, visibly nervous. The music started playing and eventually she started singing.

Some folks like to get away
Take a holiday from the neighborhood
Hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood
But I'm takin' a Greyhound on the Hudson River line
I'm in a New York state of mind
I've seen all the movie stars
In their fancy cars and their limousines
Been high in the Rockies under the evergreens
I know what I'm needin'
And I don't want to waste more time
I'm in a New York state of mind
It was so easy livin' day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and blues
But now I need a little give and take
The New York Times, the Daily News
It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide
I don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside
I don't have any reasons
I left them all behind
I'm in a New York state of mind
Oh yeah
It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and blues
But now I need a little give and take
The New York Times, the Daily News
Who, oh, oh whoa who
It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide
I don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside
I don't have any reasons
I left them all behind
I'm in a New York state of mind
I'm just taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River line
'Cause I'm in a, I'm in a New York state of mind

   You sit there, in awe. You started clapping, along with everyone else. You didn't notice, but your jaw was slightly dropped, added to the small smile on your face. Her voice was absolutely amazing. She sounded like an angel. You looked next to you, only to see Blaine smirking at you. "Yeah, you definitely don't like her." he said sarcastically, in a whisper. "Shut up." you said, looking back at Marley, who was looking at you and smiling. You smiled back at her. She waved, excitedly and left the stage.

{ time jump: the next day }

  You pinned the paper, which had the names of everyone that made the cut for glee club, to the bulletin board in the hallway. You turned around, smiled at Marley and walked away. You walked into the room that glee club was held in and sat in your usual seat. Everyone was waiting for some of the new members to come in. You were waiting for one new member in particular.

   Marley started to walk in and Blaine leaned over to you and whispered, "Look it's your girlfriend." he laughed. "She's not my girlfriend." you said, kind of annoyed. You stood up to greet Marley and introduce her to everyone. After a few minutes Mr. Schuester said, "(Y/n), our CD player broke, can you please go ask the dance team if they have one that we can use?" "Of course, Mr. Schuester." you replied, walking out of the room. Marley followed you out. You gave her a questioning look as you both walked down the hall. Marley stopped you and stood in front of you. "(Y/n)... there's something I have to tell you." she took a breath. "I really like you, (y/n). I know we just met and-" you cut her off. You gently grabbed her face and leaned in to connect your lips with hers. You both pulled away and smiled  "I really like you too, Marley." you smiled.

  You both came back down the hall with your hands intertwined, Marley holding the CD player in her free hand. Blaine was at his locker and saw you too. He smirked at you and shook his head. Marley ran into the classroom and you quickly stopped by Blaine's locker. "I guess you were right... she is my girlfriend." you said and shrugged. Blaine laughed and shook his head as you walked into class.

_____________