+ santana - the choir room

Sam and Santana are dating in this imagine (at least for the beginning)

        "Please join glee club, (y/n)! Pleasseee." this was a daily conversation between you and your best friend, Rachel. "No. Sorry, Rachel, but I don't sing." you said for what felt like the 100th time in a week. "Liar. I heard you singing in your room one time when I was over your house and you sounded amazing. You'll be a great addition to the New Directions. Everyone will love you." Rachel opened her locker. You didn't want to admit this to Rachel, but most of the glee club probably wouldn't like you because they didn't like Rachel very much. "I really don't want to, Rach." you leaned on the lockers next to you. "Ya know... Sam is in glee club. I know you don't like his girlfriend, Santana, but you'll get to see Sam." she smirked.

       Okay.. so you're probably wondering why Rachel said that.. right? Basically Rachel thinks you like Sam because you are always hanging out with him. Although you are good friends with Sam, you hang out with him so much because he's always with Santana and she's the one you have feelings for. You've actually kissed her once before when Sam went to the bathroom. Long story short, you had somehow gotten into the topic of sexuality and both ended up admitting that you were both questioning yours. Rachel thinks you hate Santana because you're always staring at her. She thinks you're glaring at her, when really, you're admiring her. You just go with it because you aren't out to Rachel yet.

           "Wait Santana's in glee club?" you asked a little too excitedly. "Shoot sorry. I shouldn't have said that now you really won't join." she said with a disappointed look. "I'll join." you smiled. "Wait what?" Rachel looked confused. "Yeah. I'll join." you confirmed. "Yes! Was it because I told you about Sam? I know you like him!" she cheered. "Uh yeah sure." you forced a smile.

After getting into glee club, you attended your first New Directions meeting. "(Y/n), I didn't know you joined glee club." Sam walked into the choir room. "Hey, loser, you're sitting in my seat." Santana joked making you crack a smile. "Hey! Don't talk to my best friend like that!" Rachel stood up from her chair. Santana rolled her eyes at Rachel, then smiled back at you. "Rach, she was joking." you whispered, switching seats. Rachel gave you a confused look. "I thought you and Santana didn't get alon-" Rachel was cut off when Mr. Schuester walked into the choir room, "Hey everyone! We have a new member!
(Y/n)!"

                                 ___

After glee club, you were walking out of the room when you heard someone say, "(Y/n)! Wait!" Santana grabbed your wrist and whispered, "Meet me back in this room tomorrow morning." you nodded in response.

"What the hell was that?" Rachel caught up to you in the hallway. "What?" you played dumb. "Uh first when you and Santana were 'joking' around and then when she talked to you at the end. I thought you two didn't like each other."

"Uh.." you truly did not know how to respond to Rachel. You made your way into the parking lot and towards your car. "Uh?" she repeated in question form. "What's that mean?"

"Okay, Rachel listen. You're my best friend so you deserve to know." you took a deep breath and stopped next to your car door. Rachel yet again gave another confused look. "I uhm- I like Santana."

"Okay. I don't see why that's a big deal, I mean she's not the best person ever, but you're allowed to be frien-" you cut her off and shook your head, "No I mean like I like her as uh more than a uhm friend." you were visibly nervous. Rachel's jaw dropped slightly and you mentally did a face palm. "What?" she asked in shock. "Yeah uhm.. In retrospect, Rach, there were signs." you admitted. "So are you two like a thing?"

"No, we aren't. I don't really know why she stopped me in the choir room today. I'm pretty sure she's still with Sam."

"Well what did she say?" Rachel questioned. "She said to meet her in the choir room tomorrow morning." you said, confused. "Does she like you back?"

      "I don't know. Maybe, but maybe not. I mean we kissed one time-" you were cut off by Rachel's, "What?!" you awkwardly smiled. "You kissed?! When?! How?!"

      "Last week and I-I don't know."

time jump: the next morning

      You walked into school the next morning, earlier than usual. Santana had texted you last night to meet you in the choir room about a half hour earlier than the time school starts.

     You walked into the choir room to see Santana sitting in one of the chairs near the back of the room. She sprung up when she saw you walk in, "Hey." she smiled. "Hey." you copied her expression. "I uhm have something I've been wanting to tell you." she looked anywhere but you. Santana took a deep breath as you watched her hand as it grabbed yours. "I think I'm in love with you." your eyes immediately shot up to meet Santana's when she said this. You did love her back but you were in shock and didn't know how to respond. Your mouth gaped open, but no words came out. A tear fell from Santana's eye. You had never seen her in this state before.

    You knew exactly what she was thinking at this moment. She had just confessed her feelings for you and she must've been thinking that you didn't love her back. She must've been preparing for this for a while and she was so brave to do this as she wasn't even out yet. Neither of you were.

     Santana let go of your hand and started to turn around before you gently grabbed her wrist to turn her back to you. You smashed your lips against hers and she reciprocated. You finally pulled away and smiled at her, but then pulled her into a hug. "I love you too, San."