Chapter 1

Only 30 seconds left. He had charged at her with a fast side kick, which she blocked with a single forearm block, followed by a brilliant kick directed toward the boy's torso. She continued with two more roundhouse kicks and the boy fell on one knee, and it suddenly made her excited. She glanced at the scoreboard.

17 to 15

The last ten seconds of the match. It would have been sensible to keep blocking the opponents attacks till the time had ended, but that didn't cross the girl's head. Mainly because she didn't like the way her opponent kept glaring at her, even though it was normal to do so in taekwondo matches. But she hated him. And she hated the fact that his eyes had become black abysses piercing through her skull. She fought back the glare giving her own frosty ones. Even so, his deadly look – instead of scaring her – made her want to knock his teeth out.

The last ten seconds of the match. She already was ahead of her opponent. But she still stupidly attacked him with a fast front kick that he so easily blocked by grabbing her ankle midway. For a second, she was so surprised at his incredible reaction time.

A second. That was way too much time to give up in a taekwondo match. She stumbled back on her feet and within a blink of her eyes was attacked by an advanced spinning kick directed to her head.

And a kick to the head was awarded three points.

18 to 17

The boy had won the match. And that whistle that indicated the time had ended was the last thing the girl heard before the world had stopped around her.

He landed smoothly on his two feet, his eyes had turned back into his natural doe brown ones. With his usual stoic face, he bowed down at the defeated girl and left the mat. All around the other taekwondo students had started to chat and walk towards the exit of the room, without giving a second glance at the girl who lay down on the floor. Because this happened every month.

The feeling of familiar defeat sank down on her as she lay down on the taekwondo mat. Her eyes had started leaking warm tears, making her vision blurry. The taekwondo students were chattering, but she couldn't hear anything except for a metallic vibration at the core of her ears. Nor did she pay attention to the coach who had told her that the class was over and she should go home.

Because nothing mattered at the moment. The only thing she could think of right now was that she lost.

Again.

________________________________________________________________

Gogwihan Taekwondo Academy was a club that Y/N went to everyday afterschool. She had been going there ever since she could remember. It was a popular activity center for high school students to go to.

Y/N had been one of the first to join the club. And all those years of hard work had given her the title of the second-best fighter in the entire academy. For almost two years now, she was working on getting her black belt and becoming the first best.

The black belt was what she wanted the most. But unlike other gifts, you can't ask that for your birthday or Christmas. You needed to earn it. And she wanted to earn it. She needed to – she was so tired of tying her red belt on her waist.

This was the academy's condition on winning a black belt; you had to defeat the best fighter in the club to get your black belt.

That wasn't an easy task. Fights between the red belters and the best fighter was held every month. It's been two years and Y/N was still wearing her red belt. She was still only second best.

She had to defeat him. She had to defeat the best fighter in the academy. The only student who wore a black belt – Jeon Jungkook.