Chapter 3

Oh crap I'm so late!

Y/N darted through the crowded streets in panic. She overslept today, and woke up late enough to miss the bus ride to school. She usually was a morning person who woke at 4 o'clock to practice some taekwondo in her backyard, but yesterday night there was a new Dragon Ball movie playing on TV and no way in hell was she going to miss that.

Yeah, she was a 16 year-old who watched Dragon Ball. So what? Have you seen Goku's cool moves in that show? She wondered if she could be as cool as him. Probably not.

Her hair had already resembled a bird's nest so early in the day, and her tie hung untied on her neck. Because she threw on her uniform in a rush, she had forgotten to button up her shirt fully, leaving her chest a bit more exposed than she would be comfortable with. She didn't notice however, because she was extremely late for school (and because she was Y/N).

The school gates were already shut, but Y/N climbed the gate and threw her legs over it to land on the school grounds (not giving a single crap that she was wearing a skirt).

She rushed to her first lesson – unfortunately it was history.

There goes a bad start.

She slammed the door open to her history class, but no one bothered to look up from their desks, not even the teacher. Y/N's school was for quiet and calm students, so any ruckus that was caused, everyone already knew it was her.

"Go take your seat, your test paper is on your desk," said the history teacher, without looking away from his computer.

That's it. This day was officially a bad day. They had a freaking history test without even Y/N knowing that they had a history test! Not like she would have studied, though.

She huffed and sat down at her usual seat. She stared at her history paper.

Q1) When did World War II end?

Who the hell cares?

Y/N rolled her eyes at the question. How was World War II going to affect her life?

She wrote a simple 'I don't know' as her answer, and even added a smiley face at the end so that the teacher would get less mad.

Q2) Who caused World War II?

Wait, did we even learn this?

She couldn't write 'I don't know' as all her answers.

"Seok Hoon! Psst!"

Seok Hoon turned to face with his signature 'you need help, right?' face that he gave her every time she called him during a test. Which was every test.

But this time when he faced her, he saw her exposed chest and crimsoned. He tried giving her signal by quickly pointing his head downwards, but Y/N thought that he was doing this because he wanted her to look down and do her test.

She huffed and rolled her eyes, then twirled her pen around her fingers.

Come on, Y/N think, who started World War II?

Suddenly, a crumpled piece of paper hit her head and landed on the floor.

Which idiot –!

But as she picked up the paper and uncrumpled it, she read: 'Q2) Adolf Hitler'. That was the answer for question two!

She smiled happily, and looked behind her to thank the person who gave her the answer. But as she turned around, she saw one person that she would have never imagined to be here.

Jeon Jungkook?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She darted through the school hallways and spotted Jungkook arranging his locker.

"Jungkook!" she called out and hurried towards him. She rested her hands on her knees to catch her breath.

Jungkook smirked.

She straightened her body to look at him, still panting slightly. "What are you –"

"Um, Y/N, you might want to –"

His eyes flickered down toward her chest, then he raised his head to look at the ceiling, the smirk still playing at his lips.

Y/N finally looked down and realized how she looked. Embarrassment flushed on her cheeks as she fumbled with the buttons and covered her exposed chest.

Was I really walking around like this?

Jungkook looked down at her, "What did you want to ask?'

"Oh yeah, what are you doing here?" Y/N asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" he said, "I'm studying here from now on."