Chapter 7

So, this is supposed to be for the cheeks, right?

Y/N looked at the pallet of blush she was holding. Why did it have so many different shades of pink? Ultimately their purpose is to . . . wait, why did girls wear blush again?

Somehow Y/N had gotten stuck with going to the arcade with Jungkook (not that she had a problem with it). Jungkook told her to meet him at the bus station at 5:30 so that they could head to one of the city's big arcades. This took her off guard, and here she was, trying to look good to go on a trip with Jungkook.

Or maybe . . . on a date?

Y/N's face crimsoned at the thought. Yay, she didn't need to wear blush now.

She threw the brush in frustration. She wanted to look good, but she had no idea how to wear makeup.

"What are you doing with my makeup?" Y/N's mom was at the door, confusion written all over her face.

"Mom, help me wear makeup."

"Since when were you into makeup?"

"Since now. Please?"

After a while, Y/N had a full face of neutral makeup. She didn't lie, she actually looked quite good with it. She decided on ditching her signature sweatshirt and wore a pink top with short frilly sleeves and jeans. Who knew those girly clothes her mom bought would come in handy in times like these. Her shoe case was filled with sneakers except for an old pair of light brown ballerinas which wasn't in the best condition – a bow on one of them had fallen off and the soles were peeling away. Still, she'd put them on just to go with the girly concept of the outfit.

She looked really different. The old makeup-less sweatshirt and jeans Y/N had changed into a girly frilly topped Y/N in one evening. Just because of a boy. What was Jungkook doing to her?

She left her house and headed to the bus station. When she arrived, she saw Jungkook waiting for her on a bench. As she approached him, he got up and looked at her up and down.

Will he notice that I'm wearing makeup?

"Your late," Jungkook said, a few seconds after. "Come on, only a minute until the bus leaves."

Really?

Both of them clambered into the bus and thankfully found wakened seats at the back. As the bus started moving, Jungkook said – "you'll have to teach me how to play stuff in the arcade. I haven't really been to one before."

Y/N's eyes widened a little. "You've never been to an arcade before?"

"Nope. I usually just stay home or go to the academy to practice. Why, do you go there often?"

"Almost every weekend!" Y/N exclaimed. "Arcades are so much fun! Trust me, you're going to have so much fun. Especially since you've never been to an arcade before!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you've never been to an arcade before?"

Y/N watched horridly as Jungkook calmly shot all the monsters on the screen perfectly without missing even one.

How can he be so good at everything?

"Which one next?" Jungkook asked as he put back the fake gun, scoring a perfect 100 on the screen.

No matter what it was – basketball, bubble shooter, racing games, pacman, bowling, DDR- Jungkook either beat the high score of the game, or either beat Y/N in the games (much to her annoyance).