Chapter 5

Jungkook got up rubbing his head, and slightly grinned to liven up the mood.

"You figured it out?" he said smiling, as he got up from the ground. "Damn, you're a good one."

"Why the hell would you do that!?" Y/N shouted, warms tears started to leak form her eyes again. "Are you taking pity on me?"

"Don't," Jungkook lightly limped over to her, clutching at his ribs, a few bruises on his temple from when she had kicked him. He wiped away a tear with a barely shaking hand, "don't cry, please?"

Y/N smacked his hand away from her face. "So you were pitying me."

"I wasn't," Jungkook sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I just – I don't want to hurt you outside of the academy." He smiled weakly at her, "I don't want to hurt you at all, Y/N.

She looked up at him with wide eyes. "You don't want to what? Was I correct all along?"

Jungkook just stared blankly at her.

"I was correct all along!" Y/N said, her voice raised a bit.

Did Jungkook really think that she wouldn't notice! Notice the way when he kicked the rest of his opponents they would stagger backwards, but when he kicked her she would stay on spot. Notice that he would leave bruises on his opponents even when they had gear on, but somehow, she still remained clean. Notice that he always played offensively with his opponents, but when he went against her he would play defensive instead. Notice that most of the times he aimed kicks towards the opponents' head, but for her he aimed towards the torso instead. Notice that in all their matches, he kicked her once or twice and then onwards kept blocking her attacks. Notice that all along, all this while, Jungkook was going easy on her.

She had suspected that after few months of fighting him. But her pride took over those thoughts, convincing her that it was probably because she was the best after him. But it turned out that her suspicions were correct – and the thought of him restraining against her every match and her still losing was unbearable.

"Jungkook, I wanted a real fight!" Y/N said, frustratingly. "I wanted real fights all those months! I – kick me!"

"What?"

"I said kick me!" she screamed at him, her face was now sweating with anger. "I know you aren't showing your full potential in the matches against me. Why Jungkook? Who do you think you are to go easy on me? Kick me, on the head!"

"No."

"I said kick me on the head! And don't you dare hold back!"

"I won't do that."

"JUST KICK ME DAMMIT – !"

The last thing Y/N felt was a sharp pain on left temple before getting swallowed up by pitch black darkness . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She woke up in a hospital room, white walls surrounded her. Her head was still searing with pain. There was weight on her left hand. She craned her neck and saw Jungkook's hand on top of hers, as he kneeled, his head rested on the bed, sleeping. His face was red, his cheeks were streaked with tears, his eyebrows joined together in worry, and his breath was fast. It looked as though he was having a bad dream.

Y/N felt her heart starting to hammer against her chest when she saw his hand cupping hers. She felt like she was about to melt because of that small piece of warm touch. Her cheeks turned rosy and she swallowed hardly. She'd felt this before, but the feeling wasn't this concentrated. Her stomach churned uncomfortably as she looked at his sleeping state.

She hates him. But now, she was beginning to question that. All she wanted right now was him. Him to stay next to her.

She stirred in her bed, causing Jungkook to wake up with wide eyes. He was breathing heavily.

"Y/N!" he said, clutching her hand harder with both of his. Y/N swore she'd forgotten how to breathe for a moment

She gulped. "Yeah?"

Jungkook got up hurriedly and went for the mini fridge that was inside the room. He got some ice out and grabbed a tissue to make a tiny ice pack. He hurried back towards her and started gently pressing the ice on her bruise.

The ice on her bruise hurt quite a lot, but she didn't feel it. She couldn't feel it. Time had stopped for Y/N, and all she paid attention to was Jungkook's face. His eyes were fixed on her bruise, and suddenly a tear rolled down his cheek, followed by another few.

"Don't," said Y/N, wiping his tears away from his cheek, just like how he had done to her previously. "Don't cry, please?"

"I'm so sorry," Jungkook cried, unable to control his tears. "I am so sorry for – "

"Shush," Y/N placed a finger on his lips. She wished it were her lips instead of her finger that was there. "It's not your fault. I asked you to do it. I put myself into this situation."

It really was her fault. Thinking back, it was really stupid for her to ask a player like Jungkook to kick her on the head, especially when she didn't have any head gear on.

Jungkook started sobbing, his undisciplined tears sliding down his cheek continuously. Y/N took him into her arms, his head rested on the shoulder, their chests pressed together. At that moment, Y/N could feel his heartbeat, that was also hammering on his chest, just like hers. Their heartbeats were in sync. Never in her life Y/N had felt so connected with someone.

"I love you."