Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Bucky's POV

There were soldiers to either side of me, they were escorting me back to the base, something inside of me was rebelling... that base was bad? I slowed down a bit and stared at the soldiers who were walking in front of me.... soldiers.....When had I been walking with soldiers before? 

"I'm with you till the end of the line"  I was speaking to a blond guy. What was that from? Who was the blonde guy?... Was his name Samuel? Sebastian?... No, that wrong...it was Steve... Steve...Rogers? 

The soldiers on either side of me noticed that I had slowed down and one hit me over the head with his gun. Why was I with soldiers who hit me? Where was I? I started panicking and punched the guy who hit me over the head, then I was attacked by the soldier on my other side he stuck me in the neck with something. The world was growing hazy and I gladly accepted the darkness in my vision that was creeping over me like a blanket.

When I woke up again I was strapped to a chair, the leather restraints ran across my chest to pin me down and I had bindings on my legs and arms too. People in lab coats started flooding the room and three armed guards escorted in a middle-aged mean-looking man in an officer's uniform. Three scientists walked up to him and started showing him papers and pointing to me. I was struggling against the straps and I could feel the leather start to buckle under my strength, then my metal arm got free....wait what? My metal arm? Why on earth did I have a metal arm? I quickly checked my other arm to make sure it was still there, thank god I still had one human arm. 

In the span of me finding out, I had a metal arm and checking the human one I had been wrestled back into the chair and strapped in with new leather straps, someone shoved a thing in my mouth and told me to clamp down on that, then two metal things were lowered from behind me and put on either side of my head, the scientists started cranking a machine that made loud whirring sounds, the officer stepped closer to me and took a small red book with a black star on the cover, he then flipped it open and started reading, the words were in Russian, a language I somehow could recognise and understand. 

(Words written not in Italics will be in Russian)

"Longing"   

The pain started to build up in my head         

 "Rusted"

It was getting worse

"Seventeen"

Like someone was trying to crush my head with two walls

"Daybreak"

It felt like a hammer being repeatedly smashed into my head

"Furnace"

Who was the blond guy again? Ste...ve?

"Nine"

I started screaming but the sounds were muffled by the thing in my mouth 

"Benign"

It was excruciating I was writhing in pain, the things on the sides of my face were burning hot and I could feel them sear into my skin.

"Homecoming"

My voice had become hoarse from my screaming, the agony was still there but it wasn't just in my head, it was like someone was ripping out my intestines

 "One"

The agony was too much to bear, my body was spasming and my body felt like it was on fire