01 | chapter one

3RD PERSON ,,

The only adrenaline rush Fenix had ever felt was when he fell off his roof while star gazing, he ended up with a locked window and a neon green cast for eight weeks. If only he knew the adrenaline rush he would get from the boy he met his first day of college.

---

His roommates side of the dorm was covered in posters of indie bands and provocative photos of male celebrities. His parents gulped nervously and smiled at the boy who would now be rooming with their "perfect son". Fenix smiled and stuck out his hand before his mom pinched his side, making his hand quickly drop. But he still kept a smile on his face which his roommate returned. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Oliver! Safe to assume you're my roomie", his roommate said with sweet smile.

"I'm Fenix Lee, I see you've already decided which side you want", he replied with a chuckle at the end.

"Oh I'm sorry! Did you want this side? I got here early so I already started decorating", Oliver said with a sheepish smile. Worried that he already upset his roommate.

"No, no its okay! I was just joking", Fenix quickly replied, he always had a hard time showing when he was joking or not. His roommate was about to respond when his parents quickly stepped in, their disapproval of his roommate and college in general showing already.

"Well, nice to meet you Oliver. We'll be leaving now, but may we speak with you Fenix? Alone.", the older man said in a "nice" voice. His eyes darting to Oliver when he said alone.

"Oh yeah! I have to go see my counselor anyways, see you later Fenix", Oliver blurted out quickly before waving and speed walking out of the dorm. As soon as he left the older couples smile dropped, Fenix looking at his shoes so he could avoid his parents sharp eyes.

"Now son, we expect nothing less than excellence from you at this school. If we even get a hint of you slacking or acting up we will not hesitate to pull you out. This college, if you can even call it that, is a reward that you've earned. But it is still a privilege", his father quickly spat out. Fenix knew that they would say something like that.

"Yes father, I understand", Fenix grumbled out with a look of distaste on his face. His parents spun on their heels and walked out. His parents never approved of anything he did, he was almost held back from college when he came out but luckily he got a scholarship so they couldn't deny him of going. Fenix quickly shut the door behind them before facing the blank canvas that was his side of the wall. 

---

"Woah roomie! You work quick", Oliver smiled as he looked at Fenix's side of the room. His bed set was now a silk dark green and his plants and paintings now covered the wall. Fenix's ears turned red as Oliver admired his side of the room.

"Thank you! Sorry about my parents earlier, they can be a little judgy sometimes.", Fenix muttered out, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

"It's fine, really. My parents can be the same at times"

"Oh good! I didn't want to make a bad first impression.", Fenix gratefully replied. 

"You're all good Fenix, don't worry about it. Are you coming to the party tonight? Apparently it's at this frat house!", Oliver asked hopefully.