3. Having a blast

Next chapter's up! Nothing much to say about this one.

I hope you'll enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few days since the peculiar meeting Samantha had with the two gentleman and she had by now nearly forgotten it. So much had happened in those days. She had visited London zoo, gone to some of the botanic gardens, been to a few restaurants and shops of the recommended list, been on photo's with a few famous actors, done a bus tour, even been in the London eye.

She would never, ever do the London eye again. She didn't even understand why anyone would want to wait two hours! To get into a giant Ferris wheel that actually wasn't all that impressive and in which you had to stand around in even longer. She had been tired from waiting, hungry, thirsty, bored, and above all, she had been needing to go to the toilet for over an hour before she was finally out again.

Having utterly enough of sightseeing for today, she decided to head back to the motel. She had begun to think she had nearly seen all she wanted to see and had gotten tired of the busy city. She was planning to head back home soon. She was however still curious about two things. She might want to see Aziraphale's bookshop still to see if he was around perhaps to chat and tell him she was leaving again. Also she still hadn't passed the famous Ritz the two had talked about.

Taking a quick look on her phone she found out it wasn't actually too far of a detour to walk past the place and take a second glance, so she decided to do just that. A little walk would do her well after standing for so long. She figured she could take a walk through Hyde Park after and take the Tube back to the motel using the Lancaster Gate station.

She nodded and closed maps on her phone, then tucked it away in the inner pocket of her jacket. She looked up as she felt a drop of water brush her cheek. Great, it was going to rain again. It really was true what they said about London. It was often a rainy and gloomy place to be. Way different from the sunny south coast she lived at.

She tucked her hands into the pockets of her jacket and begun her walk. From the London eye she went left over the big bridge, glancing at the stone lions at the side of the Thames. Walking over the big bridge she looked over the water, spotting the contour of the Tower Bridge far over on the other side.

Left from her the Big Ben just sounded half past six and it was busy on the streets. Rush hour was in full speed, or more like full slowness, traffic jams only occasionally clearing up when the flow was right, only to stop again when some idiot tried to get in front of another one just as the lights switched to red and blocked the whole road for other traffic.

She shook her head. This would never happen in her quiet town. The biggest traffic jam was when a bunch of sheep had broken out from one of the local farms and swarmed over the road, to be hoarded back by the shepherd and his dogs. Walking on steadily, she now came to the crossroad with traffic lights beside the Big Ben.

As she had to wait for the light to turn green, she glanced up at the big building, and had to wonder what all the fuzz about this clock tower was about. Sure, there was a giant bell inside. Sure, it was a big old clock tower that was the most iconic thing about London since nearly forever, apart from the Thames, but it really wasn't all that special. Just a big friggin clock that sounded way too loud if you stood beside it when it rang.

The light sprang to green now and she hurried to the other side to be off the road as quickly as possible. She hated to be stared at by drivers when she crossed. She tried smiling at some of them, but nearly all showed an irritated smirk back.

She sighed and walked on. Rush hour was just not for her. But she had to get through it to get back. Perhaps she would linger a bit longer in the park so the Tube wouldn't be so damn busy when she got there. It must be packed right now. She now looked to the left, passing by Westminster Abbey and looking up at it. It was a beautiful build for sure. The main window sure was an eye catcher.