8. Spice and wine

Whoop whoop. Next part is up. It's going fast! Let's enjoy a nice dinner at th Ritz, shall we?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samantha recovered quite quickly in the next few days. The good care of Aziraphale and Crowley's also being there made her feel comfortable and she actually quite enjoyed her stay. She started to get quite bored now though. There wasn't an awful lot to do in the small book other than read and chat. She was also beginning to think about home again. Her mother had already called quite worried why she hadn't been in contact lately, mainly because of the accident and because her mother wanted to know if she had been okay, if she had been in the area when it happened etc. Of course she had been needing to lie to her mother. There was no way she could tell her the truth. Her mother wouldn't understand and she had promised the duo not to talk of them. So she lied she had been having a good time with a few people she met and had just kind of forgotten to call. She also claimed to have bad reception, which was actually quite true because of a certain demons trick on the London phone network. She assured her she was fine and hadn't been bothered by the explosion, and that she would be heading home in a few days. To the disappointment of the duo. They had expected it, but had grown quite fond of her in the few days and were happy with a welcome change of phase.

After the phone call Samantha hung up and sighed, then she looked at the disappointed faces of the others. "Oh gentleman." she sighed. "You have been really kind to me and I really like hanging around here, but I am starting to miss my home a little bit. Also people are counting on me to do chores around the house. See I make money by getting groceries, laundry, dishes, feeding animals etc. I am a bit of the general help in the town and all the old people love me there. They need me because otherwise they would have to move from their lovely cottage at the sea to a boring elderly house. I do wish to go and study away from my town, but right now they expect me to be back soon.", she explained.
Aziraphale nodded with a soft smile. "What a selfish deed my love. I am quite impressed at you. You are not like the general people we encounter. So sweet."
"I thought you had realised that for a little while now already angel." mocked Crowley, then he looked at Samantha. "Don't forget yourself though. Have a little fun you are in the bloom of your life. You should be getting out, smashing stuff, getting wasted, traveling, making friends, having sex."
Samantha laughed. "Don't think I don't have the opportunity to do so Crowley." she assured the demon. Being a town with a lot of tourism has its benefits on a lot of ways." she grinned. "I am befriended with a couple of people from oversees that have already invited I could stay with them if I am ever to go on a travel, too."
Aziraphale smiled. "That sounds wonderful dear. I am glad you have yourself so well ordered, yet you are still free. Perfectly balanced I would say."
Samantha smiled flattered. It always made her shy getting a compliment from the angel. And he complimented a lot. She grinned and thought a bit, then frowned. "Oh dear, I don't think I ever checked out of the Motel!" she groaned now. "This will cost me a lot of money... I probably don't even have enough left for my way back."
Crowley however showed a tiny demonic smile. "S' taken care of Samantha. Don't you worry. In fact you were never even there. Your information just miraculously disappeared from their system. You have never even been there and you don't owe them anything."
Samantha blinked startled at the demon, then giggled. "You sly thing." In a happy wave she went over to the demon and hugged him. "Thank you."
Crowley smirked and stiffened. He wasn't used to be thanked my anyone but his angel, let alone being hugged. "Ngk.", he growled. "S' fine don't worry about it." Carefully he tried to remove himself from the hug and Samantha got the hint, backing off.
"Heh, sorry." she grinned.
Aziraphale watched it with a soft smile. "What a wholesome moment."
"Shut up angel."
Samantha and Aziraphale let out a soft chuckle because of Crowley, who rolled his eyes. Then he looked at her again. "So, you'll be leaving soon, huh. How soon? You are already looking good enough to no longer stay cooped up in this place anymore." he said and glanced at Aziraphale. "No offense for your bookshop."
"I understand dear."