10. The arrival

And so our friends continue their little road trip. Let's see what they will encounter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They rode on for a long while. They chatted a bit about different topics, watched the scenery change, listened to a few different cd's from Crowley's collection and in Crowley's case, assaulted and annoyed the other users of the road. Somewhere along the way there was a blue light flashing behind them and Samantha turned around to watch.
"Err... Crowley? You have been spotted by the police."
Aziraphale groaned. "I told you driving at this speed would eventually attract unwanted attention."
Crowley only grinned though. "I'll take care of it. Finally a bit of fun. Hold on to your seats everyone." he said as he slammed his feet down on the gas pedal and the car roared, speeding up in an instant.
Both passengers were pushed back in their chairs and seemed startled.
"You promised not to get into trouble with police remember!" squeaked Aziraphale.

"I am not getting into any trouble if they don't catch me. Besides, that deal was made before you decided on your detour through Brighton, on which you both agreed I could drive however I wanted on the remaining time to Charmouth." answered Crowley while glancing in his rear mirror. The police were still behind him and he had a tiny smile lingering in the corners of his mouth. The chase was on.

Samantha clung herself to the back of Aziraphale's chair. "You know he is right. We did do that." She glanced back at the police car behind them, then at Crowley. She secretly quite enjoyed a bit of excitement during the travel, as long as this wouldn't be the end of her. But she figured Crowley had been doing this all the time so she told herself it would be fine, if only to try and let go of the worried feeling she had because she couldn't get out now anyway.

Aziraphale simply held on tight to the dashboard and grew silent. His expression could be best described as a rabbit who has just realised a bird of prey was about to grab him and eat him alive. His mouth was dry and he swallowed, staring at the road and watching cars shoot past the Bentley as Crowley manoeuvred himself through the traffic. Then came a long piece without any cars on it and Crowley pushed the gas fully open. They shot down the road while the road dipped down into a valley. In other words it felt like a roller coaster. Something which Aziraphale had gotten quite enough of already that day. He let out a soft whimper, but Crowley had curled his lips up in a maniacal grin. When he glanced in the rear mirror he noticed the blue lights fading and he seemed delighted.
"Still got it.", he mumbled.

He let them speed on like that for a good 25 miles, before finally slowing down to his usual speed. He glanced at his passengers now. "Everyone all right?"
Aziraphale let out a soft groan. He seemed pale, but he nodded. "Yes. I'll be fine I just need to... you know." he sighed.

Samantha nodded too and relaxed. "Yeah fine. Actually that was quite impressive. But I do have a question. Didn't they see your licence plate? Won't they try and search you anyhow?"
"Neh. They have forgotten about me and the plate the moment they went out of sight. Even if we pass them again they won't recognise the car at all." explained Crowley plainly.
"That's quite neat."
Crowley hummed satisfied and drove on. Eventually Aziraphale calmed down enough to let go of the dashboard and he let out a sigh, which of course didn't go unnoticed by the demon.
"Too fast for you angel?" teased Crowley.
"Way too fast. Even this is but I have gotten used to this speed by now." sighed Aziraphale.

Samantha meanwhile looked outside at the landscapes. She liked watching the sceneries from moving vehicles because the scenery could change in a moment, giving her the opportunity to get inspiration from all of them. She smiled as idea's came into her mind and she started drawing while the music played on and the two celestial beings argued in the front. She drew different scenes with the angel and demon flying through them. Forests, flower fields, meadows. She imagined how the two would twirl and play like free birds and smiled. She was disturbed however by the need to go to the toilet. She tried ignoring it for a while, then sighed and sat up.