it's early but it's late

Dinner was...
Mom will probably not remember what happened along with Lena. They are pissed drunk on the couch, just slurring, god knows what.
Their cup of wine turned into 5 then 7 and so on.
Keva and Axel are surely enjoying this situation. Dad and Ricky are looking at their wives as monsters. The rest of the kids went on their own way.

Eleanor is sitting next to me with her hand in mine. Thankfully the attention isn't on us, only at the drunk women.
I nudge Eleanor and she looks at me.

"Wanna go up to my room?" I whisper.

She glances at her mom and then nods at me.
I smile and we both stand up. 2 pair of eyes land on us.

"Go get it, little sis!" Keva says as we pass her.

"Make sure to lock your door," Axel chimes in.

"Shut up," I growl at both of them.

When Eleanor and I make it to my room, I do make sure to lock my door, but only because I don't want any children in my room.

"Gosh, sorry about my mom. She never drinks that much...she doesn't drink at all actually!"

I sit Eleanor down on my bed. "It's okay. I do want to apologize on my mom's behalf as well. Especially during dinner. Can't say she never acts like that," I snicker at the last part. Oh, it's very true.
Why would I lie?

Eleanor holds in her laugh. I find that quite adorable. Everything she does is adorable.

I hear a light knock on my door. Light but not like dad's. I already know who it is.
Eleanor looks at me and I just smile and get up to answer the door. Just as I expected, Caricia is standing there in her PJs rubbing her eye as she holds her stuffed piglet that I gave her when she was born.

"Sup', kid?"

"Could you tuck me in? I didn't want to bother dad and delilah went with her dad downstairs," she says in a small voice.

And she could bother me? I scoff, internally obviously.

I sigh hard. "Sure, why not."

She somehow spotted Eleanor. Caricia's eyes lighten up a bit. "Could Eleanor tuck me in too?! Please!" She begs.

I roll my eyes. "I don't know, kid. She might not-"

"I'd love to, pumpkin," I hear Eleanor say from behind me.

"Really?" I whisper to her.

"Yes, really." She kisses my cheek before squeezing past me to attend Caricia.

I place my hand on top of my cheek. The spot where she kissed me feels so warm.
I stare at Eleanor as she picks up Caricia and takes her to her room. I follow behind them.

Eleanor throws Caricia on her bed playfully, making the little girl laugh. Should I be jealous?
I walk towards them and pull Caricia's covers.

"Alright, get in," I say.

Caricia does as I tell her. I pull the covers up to her chin. "You alright, like that?" I ask.

She nods with a smile. "Okay, now stay here until I fall asleep," She demands.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. She's never told me what to do. I am the one who stays until she falls asleep, because I choose to not because she demands me to.
Well well, it looks like Ms. Caricia is now turning into the Ms. Angelina Jolie wannabe.

"Yes, ma'am. Anything else?"

"No, that's all," Caricia replies.

I shake my head with a small smile. I kiss her cheek and sit on the end of her bed. Eleanor...now she. She sits next to Caricia's head. That allows Caricia to lay her head on Eleanor's lap. I stare at both of them in disbelief.
Well damn. I mean DAMN.
For once, I want to be in Caricia's position.
IN THE NOT DIRTY WAY, of course.