Jean Grey🧡

Imagine: Jean not wanting to hurt you

"Please, Y/N, go away."Jean spoke through gritted teeth.
Your heart broke as you heard your girlfriend push you away. She had always been so strong but now she was crumbling. Breaking under all the power that she had obtained from your last mission. Against Professor Xavier's advice you had went with Jean to try and help her and no matter how much you tried it wasn't working.
You knew you should give up but you weren't ready to, not yet.
"Leave, Y/N."Jean told you after she had opened her eyes and saw you still standing there."I love you but I don't want to hurt you. I can't hurt anyone else. Please leave."
"Jean, don't give up."You begged with tears in your eyes.
Suddenly she dropped to her knees and let out an ear splitting scream and before you knew it you were thrown to the feet of your best friend Scott Summers.
"We need to get out of here."He told you while helping you up."Ororo, Kurt and Hank are waiting for us in the jet. C'mon."
"I can't leave her here."You cried.
"Look around, Y/N."Scott told you.
As you turned around you saw ashes and smoke but at the centre of it all a burning explosion."Oh my..."
"There is no saving her."Scott said pulling you away.
Maybe he was right.