chapter 2

Vivian P.O.V

In have never been this afraid in my life ,

I mean ever.

I hid in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes before I summoned the courage to come out. I scanned the inside of the small cabin and I peeked outside through the window, It was silent as a graveyard like nothing happened only the sound of the waterfall and the chirping of the birds.

So I took a deep breath and blamed my overactive imagination. The rest of the day went by quickly with me buisy with unpacking.

With everything unpacked my stomach rang the alarm for dinnertime. I quickly guzzled down the leftovers from the road and called it a night with the soft mattress welcoming my tired body like a long missed lover.

I could feel myself drifting  away into the deep sea of dreams full of monsters and all sorts of wonders. With the waves carrying me away gently but soon, a dark storm in the form of an unidentified  sound woke me. Like a drum it mantained the same intense rythm getting stronger and louder  as seconds passsed.

  I  could identify  it as a heartbeat, one that always managed to perspirate my ebony skin everytime.

It was as  loud as if someone was sleeping in the bed with me. I knew there was no one there so I didn't waste my time checking. I had been haunted by it for many years and everytime there was no one there to claim it.

But still it always planted a fear in me like no other,my insides still went cold with its every haunting. I covered myself with the blankets as always and waited for the nightmare to stop.

It always did after a few minutes. But it seemed like was taking longer this time. The air in the room had become dense with dark energy, something that never happened before but I dared not look. I was too scared, I could only  feel its mallice  deep in my bones.

My heart was beating so loud I was definitely 1000%, yes ONE THOUSAND PERCENT sure it would soon pop right out of my chest.

After a grueling twenty  minutes it stopped. Like it was never present.

And as always I cried myself back to sleep wondering when it would ever release me from its horrid chains.

Morning came after probably a sentury, and just as I was starting to relax again and fall back to sleep I was rattled by a loud knock on my door and I  quickly checked the time on my phone,I was shocked to find out  it was already 8:10 am. I rushed out of bed, getting dressed as I headed for the door to see who dared disturb my slumber.

And there he was , the most handsome man I had ever gazed upon and immediately I become nervous, I mean here I was with a straight out of bed look and there he was looking like a God straight from mount Olympus.

MY STOMACH WAS DOING SUMMER SALTS.

The mystery hunk then goes on and smiles showing his dimples while the only thing gracing my cheeks were drool stains, to say I was embarrassed is an understatement.

He had brown dreadlocks and skin like caramel that dared any woman to take a bite. He had beautiful hazel eyes and I could see that his body was built like a Spartan.

The stranger greeted me and he had a very deep rich voice, it was smooth and thick in a very sexy way but I decided to keep my mind innocent and not let it venture into sinful destinations. I gave the most decent greeting I could master back, there was something about him and it frustrated the hell out of me that I could not pinpoint what it was.

He felt familiar like I knew him but yet I didn't, I was sure that me and him had never met before..... like never. So I decided to introduce myself and he did the same and told me his name was Dominic.