Chapter 21

Dedicated to Puppies8687 for the two GINORMOUS comments she gave me.  I LOVE YOU!  You now have two chapters dedicated to you, love.  Feel special. ;)

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!  THIS IS IN THE WATTY'S! -->

E N J O Y

A very interesting chapter awaits...

“It’s time!” Verity squeals, rushing past me to the window, where she peers out excitedly.

I exchange an exasperated look with Micky, glad for some sane company.  “She’s been doing this for the last hour, and no one has turned up yet,” I inform him monotonously.  Luckily for him, he’s only been helping set up the party for ten minutes, whilst I’ve been stuck here for three hours straight, hauling alcohol from room-to-room and cleaning the bathrooms until they’re spotless.  I don’t see the point really considering there’s a 99% chance that at least one person will spew out their dinner, and miss the toilet.

A loud knock on the door has Verity sprinting for the door and pulling it open in a split-second.  It’s almost as though a large crowd has been waiting on the doorstep as a large ton of people, most of which I do not recognise even slightly, lumber in and raid the drinks table.

“Well, I can tell this is going to be a long party,” Micky comments as Verity starts making conversation with random people.  “Let’s get a drink.”

I nod and allow him to lead me to the drinks, where he hands me a bottle of X-Rated vodka, my favourite.  I take a swig of the drink, the liquid scorching my throat as it goes down, yet not in a bad way – more of a psych-me-up-for-the-party feeling.

A quarter of the bottle is gone, thanks to Micky's help, by the time Aaron arrives in the period of ten minutes, and as soon as he places one foot inside the door, I have the courtesy to shove two glasses of vodka cocktails into his hands.  His shocked expression only lasts for a second before I plant my lips on his for a kiss.

“Ew, save me from the kissy noises,” Micky remarks from behind, making vomit noises as he grabs me around the waist and lifts me into the air, effectively removing my lips from Aaron’s.

“Hey!” I protest as my feet leave the solid ground.  “I was enjoying that!”

“I wasn’t,” Micky retorts, his smile evident in his tone of voice.  “Keep your hands off my girl!” he shouts jokingly back at Aaron before setting me down near the drinks table.  “Now get yourself another drink and we can go dance.”

I stick my tongue out childishly, but oblige, picking out a cocktail.  “Whatever, bossy pants.  Just because Tatiana isn’t here doesn’t mean you can order me around all day,” I joke, remembering the last party.

Micky’s absence, as he informed me the day after, was because his girlfriend was present.  Of course, I’d given him a grilling over why he didn’t tell me; it’s in my job description as his best friend to approve, right?

At the mention of Tatiana, his cheeks take on a pink tint, but he quickly covers it with a smirk.  “Jealous, are we?”

“You wish,” I jest, returning my attention to Aaron, who is looking on with his usual amused expression.  “Come on, let’s leave this bossy boots to his thoughts and go dance.”

Aaron smirks, linking his arm through mine and pulling me into the midst of the dancing bodies.  It’s a surprise how quickly the house has filled considering it can’t be more than fifteen minutes into the party.