CHAPTER 2

      » People I don't like « 0:44 ─〇───── 3:00     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

0:44 ─〇───── 3:00
     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

────── {⌘} ──────
3rd POV

As the hooded girl got out of the bar, the shield hero was still in a daze. For the short amount of time he has Myne in his party, he never thought that she was already an enemy to him. So he did stay alert before he slept. But since he wasn't that on guard as he slept he didn't notice that someone was snuck in his room already starting their devious plans of destroying him.

Now let's skip to the next day

Y/n's POV

Once I left Naofumi-san for the time being I went to the forest to train myself, as I do not desire to be seen as weak by the hero I was meant to aide. My stats are average, which is level 37, and I find it unacceptable while serving the shield hero. Every time a new hero shows up my level keeps going back to 1. And if I were to sum up all my levels it would be...

I kept killing monsters until sunrise and I was able to attain level 38, my body does not require sleep. I then cooked myself some food, with the meat of a rabbit I killed fresh from the forest. Even though I do not require sleep, I still do need to maintain my stamina which I get from food.

Then suddenly I begin to glow, which meant Naofumi-San is needing my assistance!

Naofumi's POV

"You know have to deal with the shame shield hero for attacking my beloved Daughter like that! Nobody would be there to aide you!!"

The Guards were about to Attack me, then I remembered about the girl last night.

'She was right...'

I glared at him and said "Oh really well then....."

I took the talisman out of my pocket and yelled

"My servant appear before me!"

Then the talisman begin to glow as it floats up. The light it's emitting is so bright I had to cover my eyes.

"W-what's going on!?" The "king" yelled

"Oh spear hero protect me!" The bitch named Myne said while hiding behind the so called "spear hero". Now that I think about it she only calls me the "shield", while she calls the others with the "heroes".

The lights then died down to show (y/n) in front of me, still hooded. She was holding big twin daggers and it looked like with one swing all of these Guards surrounding us are done for.

Markings were on my right hand.

(A/n: your daggers are like archers)

"Naofumi's-San you summoned me, what are your commands?" She asked.

"Oh nothing just proving that guy at the front about not having an aide" I said

"Shall I eradicate him for you?"

"W-what how dare you!? You peasants have been under my care and this is how you repay me!?" The "king" yelled with anger.

"Such a vile being no wonder the other heroes didn't recruite you!" Yelled the "princess".

I glared at them.

"We have no more business to attend here Servant, let's just go" I said starting to walk to the door.

"Understood" she followed me.

"HEY WAIT A SECOND!!" Motoyasu ran, then grabbed my arm.

"Didn't you just say. I'm weak and I have no second to waste" I said, snatching my arm from his grasp.

As we were walking down the road people left and right kept whispering about me. Then the guy from the shop held me by my collar. Then y/n was so close to slashing his neck until I shouted.

"Y/n no!"

The mark on my hand! Part of it disappeared!.

Elhard took pity on me, seeing that he understands what happened that I have been framed and gave me this robe as a parting gift. And I noticed that Y/n has been giving off the serious aura. While we were walking she suddenly spoke up.

"Do you know what you just did?"

I looked at her. Even though I can feel nothing but anger now, I felt a little scared.

In these days she would be helping me learn more about the shield, like my shield can transform and how the skills work. When she took off her robe her outfit surprised me. She does sometimes cook for me, but ever since that day, I haven't been able to taste anything.

TIMESKIP TO THE NIGHT WHERE RAPHTALIA WILL BE BOUGHT(Cause why the heck not)

As we were walking down the moonlight when this man showed up, saying he has what we desire.