CHAPTER 3

Y/n's POV

Eventually we got this raccoon Demi-human. I observed how Naofumi-sama gave a hard stare to the child, scaring her. As we finished the slave crest, we head out and I noticed how she had trouble keeping up with us. So I took a hold of her hand and gave her a boost. At the corner of my view I saw her giving me a look of shock and I looked at her back. Tilting my head and blinked.

'Am I making her feel discomfort?'

Raphtalia's POV
(Before they head out)

The process is painful and I'm not sure I can catch up with their speed. As I was thinking of what I can do to follow their movements, I felt someone grab my hand and tug me forward gently. I look at my right to see the white haired girl.

'Her hand is so warm and soft'

She must've noticed me staring at her,cause she is now looking at me. I thought she was going yell at me or something but, she just looked at me and blinked. I don't have an idea why, but I feel so relaxed and safe when she held me.

'Just like my parents, when they were alive'

I felt tears brimming in my eyes when suddenly the girl stopped. I stopped too cause she was holding my hand. She took out a robe, put it on me then she hid my face with her hood and then she carried me like how my parents were before. My breathing became ragged and I started crying silently while she pats my back. It was a simple gesture but for me it was so much.

Naofumi's POV

I saw at the corner of my eyes how y/n helped Raphtalia match our current speed. We were heading towards Erhard's workshop to get her something more comfortable to wear. When suddenly Y/n stopped so I stopped too. I was curious to what she would do, she took out her robe, the one she wore when I first met her. She put it on Raphtalia, covered her face with the hood and carried her. I was confused to why she did that, then I noticed how Raphtalia's shoulders were shaking.

'She's crying..'

My eyes softened at how y/n started to pat her back. I then looked forward again starting to walk again but a little slower this time. My mind went back to when Y/n explained how I just wasted a command seal, it's just like the same thing with slave crest but more powerful. She kept a blank face at the time so I thought it might have been a joke but the serious aura I feel surrounding us says otherwise.

We went inside Erhard's to see that it was empty. Good because I don't want to deal with anymore than 6 annoying people.

TIMESKIP

We got Raphtalia a dagger and some clothes. We ate dinner at the closest diner we could find and headed out.

Y/n's POV

As we're readying for the night, Naofumi-sama was making medicine to help Raphtalia. I was fixing a place where Raphtalia could sleep, since it seems that she might have trouble sleeping. Being sold to a sadistic master as a young kid may bring them nightmares and trauma. I may not feel what she feels because I was told to always keep a blank face.

'So many years have passed since when...'

I thought about "that" memory, making my grip on the blanket tighter.

"Uhm excuse me miss.." a voice interrupted my thoughts, I turned around from where Raphtalia will be sleeping soon to face her.

"Yes?" I saw that she was nervous and fidgeting with the hem of her dress.

Then I got it, she might be worried about Naofumi-sama. I pet her head and softened my gaze at her.

"Do not worry about Naofumi-sama, he is a great man, he will take great care of you, he may not show it but he cares"

She then looked at me with her big eyes and nodded with a smile.

"Thank you for that and I'd like to ask you what your name is"

"My appellation is Y/n L/n and I'm a servant of Naofumi-sama. And now since your part of the party I shall be protect you until my last breath"

'Which I don't know when it'll be'

"Eh really!?" She said smiling while bouncing up and down. I nodded.

"Raphtalia come here" Naofumi-sama called her to drink medicine.

She sat down next to him and watched as he finished up something. Her eyes showing curiosity on the medicine he is making for her.

Then as Raphtalia is sleeping, Naofumi-sama was still working on his skills while I was out on lookout. I took a glance at the little one watching as sweat began to roll down her forehead, her breathing becoming uneven and her muttering the words Mother,Father and don't go.

"NOOO!!" I quickly went to her,while she was bawling her eyes out and screaming. Me and Naofumi-sama looked at each other and nodded, no words were needed to know what they were going to do. We gave her a hug, Naofumi-Sama was petting her head while I was rubbing circles on her back.

"Shhh Raphtalia it's alright we're here for you" I whispered to her. Even though my facial expression seems to be blank, I can still express my emotions through my voice when needed.

We kept comforting her until she went back to sleep and I managed to get Naofumi-sama to get some rest to after he said he was fine for 3 times.

Then morning came Raphtalia is attacking more balloon monsters until a rabbit came and Naofumi held it. He was in pain, as I raised one of my dagger to show that I will eradicate it. He shakes his head showing that it was not my duty.