10 - The Forbidden Element

A/N: Last chapter till my proper schooling starts again so updates will be rather slower or surprisingly faster because I'll be in work mode lmao. Its Friday afternoon right now and the past two days of school have only been to get used to a new school system, a new grade and elective classes we have chosen so yay. Also I've always had an obsession with this song and it's so underrated I stg ^

It was like there was a weird type of mist in the air. A type of invisible smoke that people couldn't see, but they definitely could feel. The aftermath of the tragic battle had left both sides at loss, especially the Open Door, as they had retreated.

The faint taste of blood rested at the tip of everyone's tongues, and the distant echoes of pained screams still remained in everyone's ears. The voices kept ringing and ringing and ringing.

The Northuldra had retreated back to the middle of the forest, to their home, to treat all of the wounded. The amount of casualties estimated had seemed to of tripled tenfold in reality, and it took many hours just to get the wounded onto stretchers, carriers and the such to get them away. 

Anna's eyebrows furrowed at the damage. The ancient elemental stones had also been damaged in the fight. Swords had carelessly sliced and scratched away at them like the stones weren't ancient powerful ruins. It almost angered the red head as she realised the elements had been quite quiet since Christmas. The only one present was the Water Nokk, and even it had not been seen.

Gale, Bruni and The Earth Giants however had seemed too of also gone dark. Hiding away for whatever reason they had. Anna had an itching feeling towards what this reason was, and it wasn't pretty.

A tap on the queen's shoulder snapped her out of her almost infinite thoughts. "My Queen, the last of the men have been taken away to be patched up in the forest, shall we gather up our things and begin our journey back to Arendelle?"

The gingers lips pursed in thought, she then managed to stutter out a sentence. "N-No. Send everyone to the Northuldra's whereabouts, I need to tell you all things. It is an important matter we must all know about." The young queen almost grimaced at her not so proper language, but the young boy seemed too of not noticed her slip up and merely nodded understandingly, jogging over to a few men that were sitting down, commanding them instructions.

Anna suddenly huffed loudly, sending a few strands of her hair away from her face momentarily. She was tired, and she hadn't seen Elsa since the blonde took off for Honeymaren, making her only pray they were alright and went straight back to the tents to be patched up and taken care of.

Praying. These days merely praying that someone was alright wasn't good enough. You had to be physically there to protect them or keep an eye on them in these conditions.

"Anna!" Olaf's bubbly voice caught her off guard. The small snowman waddled over slowly with Sven by his side. It seemed the reindeer had taken a liking to the permafrost being. "I'm happy you're okay. Where's Elsa?" The curiousness in his tone made him sound like a small child asking an innocent question.

"I actually don't know. I presume she's with Honeymaren and the Northuldra people." Thats the best excuse she could give the snowman until her statement was confirmed.

"Okay! Let's get going then. I want to see Elsa and it seems everyone is already going in that direction."

The comment made the queen giggle quietly, covering her hand. "That is because I sent them back into the forest, Olaf. I want to tell everyone an important story."

The snowman's snow lips formed a perfect 'o' shape, "Ooo, what is this story?"

The ginger leaned down and whispered to him, "It's a secret."