Youre lying to me

Maddi's pov

We pulled into our driveway and set the food on the table. I was getting really annoyed with the short answers to my simple questions. They all are hiding something and the worst part is, i know my dad is hiding something to. I went upstairs to my room and ate at my desk. I heard my phone ring "hello?" I asked before checking the caller id

"Hey" my best friend Morgan said

"Hey Morgan. Whats up"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to jakes senior party tonight. I know its late notice-"

"Its fine. Ill ask my dad and call you back"

"Ok. Love ya"

"Love ya too"

I hung up and walked down stairs. Everyone was in the living room watching tv. I went behind my dad and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey dad"

He chuckled "whatcha want"

I laughed "to go to the senior party, Morgan will pick me up and i'll sleepover"

He sighed "i don't know Maddi, would your mom let you go?"

"Dad mom isn't here"

"So I'm guessing no"

"No she probably wouldn't but when have you ever been the strict one. Dad, please"

Justin's pov

I heard Maddi asking her dad to go to some party. I could see why he is not sure because theres no doubt we have enemy's and they'll know she is with us because she moved in.

"No she probably wouldn't but when have you ever been the strict one. Dad, please" Maddi said

He sighed, i knew he was about to give in, i mean its hard not to. I gave him a look, which he understood. He had to keep her safe and if that meant being over protective then he would.

"Maddi i'm sorry but i don't want you to go to the party"

"What? Why? This is bull, when you were my age you went to party's, got drunk, and-"

"Maddison Rose how dare you use that against me. I am your father"

"Dad its just a party for God sake"

"Then you'll have no problem not going"

Maddi's pov

This was such bull. He was never this over protective.

"This is so unfair" i sighed but remembered about them hiding something from me "What is it you guys are hiding from me" i said now talking to everyone. But I'm sure they heard the whole conversation.

My dads eyes went wide "Maddison why would you think we are hiding anything from you"

I couldn't believe he would lie to me again

"Then why when i ask simple questions like, what you guys do for a living, you all avoid the question" i started to cry "you guys are lying to me. I know you are dad"

He sighed "go up to your room Maddison"

"No dad. I deserve to know"

Justin got up "he is trying to protect you. Maybe you should be thankful" he spat

I laughed "protect me from what"

Justin sighed "never mind" and without another word he left

I ran up stairs and slammed my door closed. Grabbing my phone i called Morgan.

"Hey. Met me in 20" and hung up

I went into my bathroom and did my makeup, i put on a little bit of foundation, and did a smoky eye. I went to my closet and got out an outfit. I chose a pencil skirt and a loose top with some flats. Deciding against high heels, since i don't really need them, Im already very tall. I opened my door and saw my dads door closed so i darted down the stairs. I was about to open the door when a voice stopped me, it was my dad.