- f o u r -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Don't feel like you need to try and love me,
'Cause I don't need a spiritual journey

"NOPE, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, I'M NEVER GOING TO TALK TO THAT-THAT, LOATHSOME TROLL!" She exclaimed, startling everyone in the Great Hall. It was September 2nd, the day everyone got their schedules and started their lessons, but not everyone shared the girls' eagerness to wake up early and get their timetables.

The hall was barely even half full and she was sitting with Rose at the Ravenclaw table, when Professor Flitwick gave the pair their schedules. Much to Rose's amusement and Reina's dismay, Rose had informed her that James shared many of their lessons together. She suggested that Reina should 'talk' to him and that he 'wasn't that bad'

She scoffed and shouted furiously, which alarmed the early risers of Hogwarts. "Why, for the love of Merlin, would I ever talk to him?" she exclaimed while sitting with her arms crossed, resembling a furious toddler. Rose glared at the girl before flicking a Cheerio at her.

"It's been years since the incident happened, I don't get why you ha-", she was cut off by Reina who jumped in to finish her sentence.

"Why I hate him so much? What isn't there to hate! He's an arrogant troll with the emotional intelligence of an ant" she said furiously and Rose laughed at the girls insult. Reina couldn't trash talk for the life of her, she just didn't have it in her.

"You know" she started, she moved closer as if she was telling the biggest secret in the world, "there is a thin line between love and hate" she stated and pulled away with a smug smile etched onto her face. Reina gasped and flicked her in the forehead.

"You know, there's a thin line between naivety and wiseness" she retorted, imitating Rose's tone. The girl glared at her friend who was trying not to break out into fits of laughter. After a moment of silence and death glares, the pair could no longer hold it into more.

They erupted into giggles, earning more confused glances their way. After calming themselves down, Rose wiped her eyes before saying, "Please, at least try and be civil with him" she pleaded to her friend.

Reina looked into her friends eyes and saw the desperation in them. She didn't want to be the cause of her sadness nor did she want to disappoint her. So she did what she did best.

Smile and nod.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

SHE SAT IN THE POTIONS CLASSROOM, trying to hide her excitement. Potions, to her, was like teenage girls seeing Taylor Lautner shirtless. She loved it. It was a subtle science that required the utmost concentration and she was ready to give the cauldron in front of her, her undivided attention.

It was 15 minutes into the class and she was practically on the edge of her seat, ready to start brewing. Everything was going well, before they walked in.

Strolling in was James Potter himself, along with the rest of the plastics. Her cousins, Lorcan and Lysander. He gave the teacher a toothy grin that practically oozed innocence and the teacher smiled back, before telling him to sit down. Weak, she thought, of course he'd get away with it.

She scoffed when he had decided to sit down next to her, giving Reina a cheeky smile.

This was going to be a long lesson.