- s e v e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

A BUZZ OF EXCITEMENT FILLED THE CASTLE, everyone happily chatting about the upcoming event at Hogwarts. The Student Showcase.

An idea brought to the school by Neville Longbottom or as the students knew him, Professor Longbottom. The current head of Gryffindor always preached to his students that everyone is special, and that should be welcomed.

So to celebrate and unite the school, he came up with the idea of a 'talent show' that parents could also attend.

Reina thought it was a good idea and would've loved to participate, but she would never do it. Seeing her play the piano was, in her eyes, the most intimate anyone would see her. It was special to her in ways nothing else could ever compare to.

No one knew she could play, and she would prefer to keep it that way.

She sighed as she walked out of Herbology, she was a coward. And no one could tell her otherwise. Looking down at her schedule and noticing that she had a free period, she made a dash for the library.

One of the only places she felt at home.

Dropping her bag at one of the many empty tables, she searched for a book she has not read. There weren't many. It took Reina a few minutes to find one, but she eventually found a couple that looked appealing to her.

Sitting down, she let her hair out of its messy bun and let the soft waves cascade down her shoulders. Brushing a strand from her face, she opened the book and put on her over-sized reading glasses.

One thing that magic couldn't seem to fix was her eyesight. It was annoying having to put glasses on every time she wanted to read smaller writing, but she was thankful that she didn't have to wear them full time. That would be a pain.

She read the book on the table, hair shielding her from the outside world. Just how she liked it. Skimming through the pages of Lovegood's Guide To Peculiar Creatures, she realised that none of the creatures mentioned were in Care Of Magical Creatures book required for school. We're they even real?

Reina had met Xenophilius Lovegood before, being the grandfather to her cousins and he seemed to be a kind man. Not all there, but nice nonetheless. He shared the same dreaminess as her aunt and her cousin Lorcan.

She was pulled out of her thoughts and her book, quite literally. A hand had snatched the book away, making Reina's eyes snap in the direction of the person and coming face to face with the one and only James Potter.

"Hey bookworm" he greeted, annoying her already, muttering profanities under her breathe.

"What do you want Potter?" She asked annoyed. He grinned at her before sitting down in the chair opposite her and placing the book down in front of him, hand still resting upon it.

"Woah" he gasped dramatically, "Bookworm's got a hell of an attitude" she rolled her eyes and reached for the book, only for him to move it a little bit farther away.

"Ah, Ah, Ah" he tutted, as if he was talking to a child, "We-" he said gesturing between the two, "Need to have a discussion"

She reached out for the book again, him moving it even farther away. She leant back in her chair and huffed, "I hate you so much" she said to herself, although hoping that he would hear. He did.

"That my friend, is exactly the reason why you're the one who needs to help me" She raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

"What with? And why would I even help you, in the first place?" She asked warily, as he chuckled.

"Glad you asked," he stated, "You need to be my girlfriend" he said bluntly before leaning forward and 'booping' her nose. She angrily slapped his hand away and scoffed.

"Why in Merlin's name, would I ever do that?" She asked, her face scrunched up in disgust. He rolled his eyes at her, he knew it wasn't going to be easy, but she was just making it difficult.

"Well, I would explain the whole thing," he started, "But I don't feel like explaining that long ass story, so I'm going to shorten it down for you" he spoke as though he was doing her a favour.

"My dear cousin and your friend, Rose, wants me to be in a relationship for a year" Rose always did try to help lost causes, she thought, "If I don't, let's say that she can pretty much end me" Reina smirked, her love for her friend growing even more.

"And what has that got to do with me?" She asked, fighting back a grin. James rolled his eyes at the girl who couldn't go five minutes without cutting him off.

"Well if you'd let me finish," she rolled her eyes at him, again, "I'll tell you" James took in a deep breathe, not particularly liking what he's about to do.

"So, date me for a year" he started and she scoffed but he continued anyways, "And I'll help you with dear ole' Charlie boy" she went to say something, but he put his finger up at her, "and I'll also stop the pranks," he added quickly at the end.

Her mouth shut instantly as she pondered over it.

"No"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

FINALLY, IT WAS THE DAY OF THE SHOWCASE. It was all anyone could speak about. Everyone was excited to see their parents of course.

However, most muggle-borns were sad, their parents not being able attend due to them not being wizards. It was upsetting really, but most just brushed it off with a fake smile.

Reina was extra excited this year, for she would too, be participating. After a long lecture and a lot of convincing from Rose, she finally decided to sign up. Her best friend had never been more proud.

Rose currently sat with her family, facing the stage. Reina was up next and a piano magically appeared on the stage. She was excited, as she had never heard her actually play before.

With a call of her name, Reina came onto the stage and sat at the piano. Taking in a deep breathe, she silently brushed over the keys, familiarising herself with them.

Releasing the air she didn't know she was holding, she pressed the first note, instantly silencing the crowd. She played a tune so familiar and dear to her, it flowed from her so effortlessly.

James watched the girl as he sat with his family, completely entranced by her. As she sat there playing her heart out, she no longer looked so insufferable, she looked ethereal. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. Not even when she finished.

He was snapped out of his daze by the loud applause around him, finding himself also clapping loudly. "THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!" He shouted in the spur of the moment.

Only when his family's eyes snapped towards him, had he  finally noticed what he had just done.

He's in deep shit.