- s e v e n t e e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

AS THE BITTER MONTH OF DECEMBER ROLLED IN, THE WORLD GREW COLDER WITH GELID WEATHER AND FRESH, VIRGIN SNOW BLANKETING THE HOGWARTS grounds.

The younger years took to the courtyard, playing and enjoying the snowy entertainment. Each clad in woollen hats and gloves, in an array of different colours. Every scarf exhibited their house, each student wearing it with pride.

While the children played happily in the icy conditions, the older pupils found solace and warmth in the Hogwarts castle. Many were snuggled before a fire, wrapped up in warm blankets and hands engulfing steaming hot chocolates.

Reina sat in the Room of Requirements. She found that her room, especially in the winter months, was rather cold. Even the largest fire couldn't warm it to a satisfactory point. So as opposed to spending her weekend in her dorm or library like many of the other students, Reina spent her free time here.

Sitting comfortably on the fluffy rug, lent up against the sofa, she soaked in the warmth of the raging fire whilst she read a book. Reina was in casual clothes, yoga pants and a vest top, with her feet covered in fluffy socks. Her body was covered in an overly large throw, decorated with various constellations in a deep midnight hue.

When she heard the door open, she closed her book and pushed her glasses so that they sat atop of her head. Her face scrunched up as she heard the clanking of glass bottles echo through the room.

The figure approached the fireplace and almost dropped the bottles when they saw Reina sit on the rug. "Hello James," she greeted amusedly, the shocked look on his face was way too funny.

"H-hey Reina" James greeted back, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "You scared the crap out of me" he said breathlessly and she giggled quietly.

"What brings you here?" She asked as she looked over him, noticing that he had four bottles in his hands, two in each. "With bottles of Firewhiskey?" She asked confused, her eyebrows knitting together.

"I uhm-" he stuttered, unable to get an answer out. She thought for a minute, confused as to what would get him so down. That's when she realised.

It was freaking Decmebr 18th.

"Shit" she mumbled under her breath, cursing herself for forgetting. Reina looked up at him and smiled brightly. "Happy 18th James!" she congratulated happily. He gave her a lopsided smile, which puzzled her greatly.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned, placing her closed book down beside her. He didn't look particularly happy to her. "And why do you have so much alcohol?"

James sighed and sat down beside her, placing the bottles down onto the rug. He thanked her weakly, running his fingers through his hair. Opening the first bottle, he took a long gulp from it, while Reina watched worriedly.

"What's wrong James?" She asked a bit firmer this time.

"I'm fine" he brushed her off quickly, taking another sip of alcohol. Getting annoyed with his attitude, she snatched the bottle away from the boy.

"What's wrong?" She asked for the last and final time. James rolled his eyes at her and reached for the bottle.

"I'm fine, okay?!" He shouted angrily, taking her by surprise. "Now can I have it back?" He asked in a manner that made him sound like a child.

"No" she stated firmly, "Not until you tell me, what the hell is wrong with you!" She exclaimed.

"Will you give it back if I tell you?" He asked in a quieter tone this time. She nodded her head and he sighed exasperatedly. "I'm not a big fan of birthdays," he stated finally.

Reina raised an eyebrow, confused. James seemed exactly like the type of person who adored his birthday.

"Believe it or not Reina, I don't like attention," he begun, "I get it all year round, when it's unwanted and by the time it's my birthday, it just doesn't feel special" he concluded.

Reina smiled weakly at the boy. She knew how it felt. To hate attention, yet have all eyes on you. They were more alike then it seemed.

Giving back the bottle, she picked one up for herself, puzzling James. She chuckled at the boys confused expression.

"At least let me drink with you"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"HEY, YOU'RE LUCKY YOUR FATHER EVEN PAYS attention to you!" She said, giggling loudly.

"Mines travelling around the globe with little Miss Pansy Parkinson!" she said the name with obvious distaste, a sour look on her face. James chuckled at her, it was adorable even when she tried to be serious.

"Hey, what are you laughing at?" She pouted, her drunkenness obviously showing. If they were both completely honest, they were both heavily intoxicated.

"Nothing" he laughed, putting his hands up in mock surrender. Reina narrowed her eyes at him, before taking another swing of the bottle.

"It's like he completely hates me" she said sadly, looking down at the floor, "Like every time he sees me, he only sees my mother and not me," she chuckled falsely at the last bit.

Even through James's drunken mind, he knew that she was sad about it. No facade could hide that. Lifting her chin up with his hand, he smiled down at her sweetly. Reina smiled weakly back at him.

Then he kissed her. James didn't know if it was her look of pure sadness or the alcohol, but something compelled him to do it.

Reina was shocked for a moment, before kissing him back. As they deepened the kiss, James discarded his Firewhiskey bottle, cupping her cheeks lightly to pull her closer as she tugged at the ends of his hair, earning a groan in return.

The pair pulled away, resting their foreheads against each other, bright smiles etched onto their faces. Reina went to talk, but was cut off by James's lips once again.

The kiss was different this time, with more passion and fire poured into it. Reina straddled him, with their lips still connected. They smiled into the kiss as it got hotter, wether it was from them or the flames, they did not know.

And so as the night went on, the two broken teens embraced each other, seemingly kissing each other's pain away as the snow fell in the bleak sky of dusk.