- t w e n t y n i n e -

REINA HAD GONE INTO A STATE OF SELF-ISOLATION. She knew that she was would die soon, sooner than expected, and she really didn't want to break anyone's heart.

She didn't want to break James' heart.

The end of her time at Hogwarts was coming to an end and she had never felt sadder in her life.

She had just got almost perfect grades.

She had just gotten the job opportunity of her dreams.

She had just found the love of her life.

But she knew that it'd all mean nothing. Not in the afterlife. Not in death.

As she braved the public and entered the crowd of excited seventh years, Reina took in a deep breath and plastered a fake smile on her face.

"Would the leavers class of 2022, come and join me on the stage please?" Called Professor McGonagall. Her face showed indifference, but her glassy eyes showed her true sadness.

No one would ever get her to admit that she would actually miss these students.

Following her wishes, the large group of teens entered the stage and took a seat on one of the many row as of chairs. Reina, who had unconsciously stood next to James, attempted to climb upon the stage but struggled immensely.

At was as if her muscles would turn to stone whenever she tried to move them. James, who had watched the whole thing and viewed her worriedly when he saw her wince in pain, took her hand and helped her up on stage.

Reina placed her lips together to suppress a cry. When both of them were on the platform, Reina sent him a weak smile.

James only then realised how quickly the love of his life was wasting away.