38.

No one moved as everyone's eyes drifted to the phone ringing and vibrating on the table.

"Mom, answer it!" Blake finally said, breaking the silence.

Andrea glanced to him but nodded and bent forward to grab the phone, sliding it open and placing it to her ear.

"Andrea Everett speaking."

The call was short. Andrea's responses mostly one worded leaving those around her out of the loop as far as what the person on the other end of the line was saying. After only a few short moments she bid the person goodbye and ended the call.

She placed her phone back where it had been and looked up at Blake, Blair, and Scotty.

"He's alive."

A collective breath was released as the relief of knowing Cash was still alive consumed them.

"They said he's been medically evacuated to Germany and the hospital there. From what I gathered he's in pretty rough shape but he's alive and the Air Force is setting up a flight for us to see him."

"That's great news!" Blair said, leaning into Blake.

"I've asked for four tickets." Andrea said, looking directly at Blair. "You're family now too, Blair."

Blake pulled her closer into his side, leaning over to kiss her temple as Blair, unable to come up with anything else, offered a simple "Thank You."

"When's the flight?" Scotty asked, speaking up.

"They said they got us on a flight for eight tomorrow morning but to go ahead and pack and go, so we can be on standby if they can get us out quicker.

"You need to call Alex." Blair said, her eyes finding Blake's. He nodded and stood, leaving the room for a moment to speak to his manager.

"Okay, so here's your ticket, B." Blake said, dropping into the vinyl chair beside her as they waited for his mother to finish collecting she and Scotty's tickets. "We have a stop in New York to change planes then it's a direct flight to Munich."

She nodded and let out a yawn, her head dropping to rest against his shoulder. It was after one in the morning and she was exhausted. The flight had been moved up to three AM, a red eye she hoped to get at least a little sleep on.

"I'm nervous." Blake mumbled under his breath.

"Mm?" Blair asked, her eyes heavy as they waited at their gate for their boarding call.

"What if I don't even recognize him? What if he doesn't talk?"

"What do you mean?" Blair asked sitting up and rubbing at her eyes trying to wake herself up enough to have this conversation.

"One time, when my dad came back. Whatever had happened to him, it was so bad he wouldn't talk at all for like a month. Eventually he started talking again but never about whatever he had been through. I'm just scared of what we're gonna walk into when we get to Germany."

"Hey," she said, cupping his cheeks in her hands. "Whatever comes, he's alive. We have to be grateful for that."

He sighed and nodded, his eyes lifting as someone stepped towards them.

"Um, hi. Sorry to bother you." The girl said. She was brunette and of average height and Blair forced a smile as they stared at her expectantly.

"It's fine. Can I help you?" Blake asked.

"I'm a big fan of both of you, I was just wondering if I could get a picture?"

Blair looked over to Blake, asking silently if he was okay with that. He gave a small nod and she turned back to the girl.