7

Blake sighed as he stared at Blair in the bed in front of him. Her chest rose and fell in perfect time keeping a steady rhythm as she slept. He was still so conflicted, Blair looked so broken in the bed before him, her eye black, scrapes and cuts covering her forehead and left side. Her left forearm covered by a cast and the various wires and cords connected to her beeping and interrupting the sound of her soft exhales.

Could she handle the news? Sure she would be ecstatic but at what cost if things went wrong?

Dex had been adamant that Blake tell her but as he looked upon her he wasn't so sure. He hated hurting her. He hated even seeing her hurt.

Her eyes fluttered and he sat up straighter. The doctor had told him she would be waking up anytime now and while he couldn't wait to see her awake, he was incredibly apprehensive.

Her eyes opened slowly and she coughed, her whole body convulsing with the effort, she winced notably and he stood, lifting a cup of water with a straw up to her lips to allow her to drink.

Her eyes flashed up to him in fear as she gathered her bearings. Her eyes landed on him and she visibly relaxed which did strange things to his heart.

"Hey baby." He whispered softly, taking her good hand in one of his and running his hand across the top of her head with the other.

"Hi." She croaked out, her voice strained and raspy for the lack of use the past twenty four hours while she had been in surgery and knocked out from the anesthesia.

"What happened?" She asked and he sighed, continuing to trail his fingers over her soft blonde hair.

"You were in an accident." He told her and she closed her eyes nodding.

"I remember seeing the truck coming at the last second. He ran the red light." She told him though it came off as more of a question.

"I was distracted." She told him. "I wanted to get home to you and find out what the doctor said, I didn't look again before I pulled out." She muttered and he felt guilt build in his chest.

"Should have just fucking told you at the studio." He said softly to himself.

"It was bad wasn't it." She said, looking at him knowingly.

He sighed and looked up at her. She could always read him like a book.

"He had some concerns." He admitted. It wasn't like any of this mattered anymore but she didn't know that yet and he wanted to be completely honest and transparent with her.

"Like what?" She swallowed.

"You know I was on some medication after my dad died right? Some anti-depression stuff?" He asked, puffing his cheeks as he blew out the air from his lungs forcefully.

She nodded but her eyes were scrunched in confusion.

"I guess one of the side effect of the medication I was on is that it can reduce your sperm count." He admitted, his cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. "So, um, our problems getting pregnant are because of me."

He looked out the window of her room, unable to bring himself to look at her. Some part of him had known all along that it would be him. Their problems were all his fault.

"But, I got pregnant before, the miscarriage..." She trailed off, her eyes growing teary.

"Yeah, the doctor said it's definitely still possible for us to get pregnant its just a lot harder because of this. I'm sorry, Blair." He apologized.

"If I had known what it would mean for us I would have done without the medication." He said.

"And then you might not even be around, Blake." She argued. "I know what that time in your life was like Blake. I know how hard that was for you. I wouldn't have you do anything differently because the road you took gave me you and even if it's just you and me for the rest of our lives that will be enough for me." She promised, squeezing his hand that she held in hers and he felt the tears well up in his eyes.

"Well there's actually a little more," He started before the sound of the door opening behind him interrupted and they directed their attention to the intruder.

"Hey guys, everyone just wanted to know if Blair was awake." Dex said sheepishly.

"Who's everyone?" Blair asked.

"Um, Brooke, Blake's Mom and brothers, the whole band is here and our girlfriends." He smiled and Blake grew a little frustrated.

He widened his eyes and he grit his teeth trying to gain Dex's attention to tell him to give them a minute but Dex was focused on Blair.

"Can I see them?" She asked and Blake's head snapped to her.

"You sure you're up for all of that?" He asked and she nodded, using her good hand to help herself sit up better in the hospital bed.

"I'll tell them!" Dex said cheerily disappearing once more.

Blake dragged his hands down his face in frustration knowing he didn't have time to tell her before the visitors would be back and he was right. Within a few moments her room was overflowing with people anxious to see her for themselves and know that she was alright.

Blake did his best to be pleasant with their friends and his family, knowing that they all meant well and were clueless to the fact that they were preventing him from getting such a huge secret off of his chest.

He finally breathed a sigh of relief as they all exited the door, his head dropping down as he exhaled.

"What's bothering you?" She asked, and he smiled. She really did always know him.

"There's um, there's something I wanted to tell you before everyone came in." He said scratching at the base of his neck and biting his lip, trying to gather his courage to spit it out.

"What is it?" She asked, concerned.

"When you came in for your injuries they did a bunch of testing."

"Okay?" She asked, growing a little concerned by his demeanor and the uncomfortable way he was fiddling with his fingers.

"They found some hormones in your blood." He said, not sure if he was explaining it the best way but he was trying to ease into it.

"What does that mean?" She asked, her voice scared and small.

"Blair, you're pregnant." He said, his eyes finding hers.

"Wh-What?" She questioned, disbelief shining in her eyes. "But...but you said.." She trailed off obviously confused.

"I know. I know." He told her. "I told the doctor and he said we just timed it right and lucked out."

"The crash, did I hurt it?" She asked. "Shit, how even far along am I?"

"Breathe baby." He said trying to calm her. "Um, the surgeon said that's why they wanted to monitor you but that so far everything seemed fine. You're a month along from conception which is actually six weeks pregnant." He told her, trying to remember all the bits he had gathered over the past day that he had sat with this news.

"Are you happy?" He asked her as tears fell down her face.

"Are you joking?" She asked, tugging on his hand until he leaned forward so she could kiss him. "I've wanted this for so long, a baby that's half me and half you. I just hope everything works out this time." She admitted and he pressed their foreheads together.

"Me too, B. Me too."

AN: Aw right in my feels.

Soft BB is my fav

What's next?

ILY

Sav