Chapter 5: Next Time You Commit Murder...

Vera, Vera, Vera,

I gave you a task. You didn't complete it. You refuse my orders.

Unfortunately, I'm getting bored. Perhaps, I should just release what really happened that day to the press... You're being useless after all.

Follow my instructions and prove your worth or the whole world will learn where you truly belong: a jail cell.

Tik-tok, darling. Time's running out.

-Secret Keeper

A/N: Pic above is not an aesthetic, I know

A/N: Pic above is not an aesthetic, I know. I just put the Kleizmick mansion this time so that you get a better view of it.

I hate the Kleizmick Mansion.

It was cold, creepy and just really strange. It wasn't that it was old. Hell no. It was the exact opposite. With it's thousands of fountains, five courtyards, ten thousand pools (including a couple roof pools), killer view of the ocean, aquarium, and fifty thousand rooms and bay windows it was a killer house. But the fact remains that only five people lived in it. Four now that Jason's gone. So, the house, despite it's many qualities, always felt shallow and empty.

Sure, there were servants that worked around the house. But they weren't always there. And even if they were, they quickly learned to stick to the shadows, so they weren't much help.

It wasn't the type of place that made you feel all happy and cheery. But still, I owed it for holding one of my best memories yet, or at least until recently.

It was the day I met the Kleizmick's.

"Alyssa! Stop braiding my hair! I don't like it!" I yelled at her as I winced.

"Why not?"

"Because it's tight! I feel like my head will explode!"

"That's the point! It needs to be tight so that it's not in your face!"

"That's stupid!"

"Girls!" Uncle Lucas called up to my room from downstairs. "Stop fighting!"

"We're not!" Alyssa hollered back. I winced again. Alyssa's voice at nine years old was way too high pitched for my eardrums.

The parent's resumed their conversation and Alyssa tied my hair up before closing the bedroom door as quietly as possible.

"What are we doing?" I whispered. When Alyssa came over, she just sort of barged into my room and said we were going on a secret mission. Then she started to painfully braid my hair.

"We're leaving."

"To where? To do what?"

"Spy."