Prologue

The world's latest demon had been born.

It was a demon of sin. A demon of vengeance. A demon of knowledge. A demon of power. A demon who had watched an angel fall to his death.

But he was a dark angel. Jason Hargrove was merely a demon in disguise. A demon who had convinced the world around him that he was their angel, their savior. He was their TV Star, their martial arts black belt, their aspiring musician, their role model. Their hero. But he wasn't. He was nothing but a muse trying to hide the darkness within.

After all, an angel shouldn't have been killed by a puny girl.

And now, Jason Hargrove had shown the mere human what he truly was and transformed the human into a demon. A demon sentenced to the same hell that Jason Hargrove had entered.

Hours later, the demon was walking through its desolate house. Hands clasped the bedroom doorknob and turned it open, eyes blank after the events that had unfolded in front of them, mind aflame as the gears turned, thinking through, figuring out how to use it to their advantage.

Hands closed the door shut and their owner took a seat at the desk. Fingers tapped the wood as they thought back to the events that had unfolded in the woods, a series of events that were far too complicated for any normal human being.

Good thing the demon wasn't normal.

There were oh so many things to do with this kind of information. It could've been released to the press and destroyed the demon's enemies. It could've been kept secret until it reached the grave, allowing the secret keeper to watch out in glee as the events unfolded amongst the people involved, watch them dance around a board like the pawns of a chess game.

Secret Keeper.

The name rung in the demon's ears and seared through it's manipulating mind. It was a promising idea, one that possessed knowledge and power.

Secret Keeper.

The demon could use the information it had gained for their fight, while still getting great glee from its chess pieces.

Secret Keeper would be the most powerful piece on the board, the ruler of the black side. The King of the Whites was Jason Hargrove. The dead Jason Hargrove.

The White Side's angel had already fallen. Secret Keeper already won. But it was so much fun to play a game when the pieces didn't know they were being played, that they had already lost...

Especially, when it was a game of justice and revenge.

Secret Keeper smiled and pulled out a stack of red cards and a golden pen. There were so many letters to write, so many pieces to move, so many puppets to string... there was no clear beginning.

Secret Keeper decided to write the first letter to the one who had set the beautiful events into action.

Using swirly golden letters impressed upon unsuspecting red cards, Secret Keeper started the war that had already been won.

All it took was two words.

Vera Reinhart.

A/N: Enjoy the ride! (And don't forget to vote...) :)