3 | The Return

Six months later, and there was still no sign of Ali. With Missing posters up on every internet and pole, there was sadly no luck of the boy's figure.

Dr. Ghazali hasn't been taking the news well, taking breaks off work on a multitude of times, which was something he hadn't done in the past. After much pressure by the president, he quit his job and spent his days looking for his lost son.

That was, until a peace treaty finally came between MATA and TAPOPS, with only the condition of humanoids coming to the meeting. Aliens were still discriminated, and the people that stood by them were cast aside.

Three from TAPOPS were chosen, though they were to meet at the same café that led to HQ. As Alicia waited for their arrival, three figures entered the restaurant, looking around.

One of them looked to his phone, muttering incoherent words to his shorter friend. The same words were then spoken to the shortest one, though the reactions were vastly different. With a shrug from the shortest one, he gestured towards the end of the café where the two agents were sitting, and they made their way through.

A chair was pulled up in front of Alicia. She looked up and saw a teenage boy with dark sapphire hair and dark pink eyes.

"We're here for the negotiation," he said firmly, sitting down.

His companions pulled up chairs and sat with him, though the way they treated the situation were different. The shortest one had black hair, his long hair tied into a low ponytail, bangs covering the majority of his face; and the other had messy caramel hair, his physique feminine and soft.

What is this, a gay parade?

"Yes, I see," Alicia said. She set her hands down, and her eyes trailed over to each of them. "May I know your names?"

"Hm. Fair enough." The sapphire-haired male shrugged, his glasses jostling on his nose. "My name is Fang, and I'm the leader of this operation." He gestured towards the brunette. "This is Boboiboy, one of the Corporals in our organization." He turned to the final boy. "And that's Ali, whom you should already know, a cadet under Boboiboy's care."

Ali.

"What... do you mean?" Alicia looked at him skeptically, clenching her teeth.

The boy named Ali flashed a grin and posed dramatically at her. "Heh! You already forgot about me?" He shook his head, and his hair was pushed out from his face. "I'm back, Alicia! How's it going?"

"Ali!" Alicia shot to her feet, slamming the table in surprise. Customers turned to her outburst, but she quickly calmed and sat back down. She hissed at the boy, anger rising in her chest. "What are you doing? Where have you been? Do you know how worried your father is? Do you even know what he did to find you—"

Boboiboy coughed loudly and shut her rant off. "Alright. Can we get to the point?" He turned towards Fang. "This is worse than Vargoba's ship."

Fang snorted. "For the sake of our dead mothers, please remain professional." He turned back to Alicia. "We came as you requested. Would the negotiation take place here or somewhere else?"

Alicia looked like she wanted to strangle Ali, but she kept her cool. She called over a waiter and spoke the secret message: Nasi Kampung Mata Telur Empat Tak Nak Telur, and the waiter understood, writing a M in code. Instantly, the whole place erupted in song and dance, which distracted everyone from their stunts.

"Hold tight," the grumpy waiter groused, and walked away.

Three seconds later, as they fell through the long tunnel strapped to their chairs, no one said anything. The only time someone said anything was when Ali accidentally smacked Fang in the face when he was trying to scratch his head.