Chapter 1

Megatron sat at the edge of the flight deck, dangling his right leg off the edge with his left up against his chassis. When he felt lonely, he would do this. Megatron would sit at the edge of the Nemesis, just like this, and think about the past. He can still hear little Orion's voice, whispering a lovely melody into his twisted mind.

But is my mind really that twisted? Megatron would often ask himself, only when he was like this.

He missed Orion, that little mech's voice singing into his mind. He really wished that the war would end, Orion would have his throne back as Optimus Prime, heck, image how Cybertron would look if Optimus became its king.

Young bots cheering for their new leader...or looking for a new High Council to overthrow him again... Megatron would often consider, and that's probably why he kept this war going. He didn't want to see Orion in the streets once more, king or not.

"Lord Megatron?" A voice spoke from behind, causing Megatron to bolt upright. That voice, that voice.

"Knockout, did I not inform you that I did not want to be disturbed whilst I'm up at flight deck?" Megatron asked rhetorically, stepping one threatening step towards the red medic.

"Sorry, my liege. But Starscream has requested...your presence..." Knockout answered, however, the way he did so made Megatron very suspicious but the warlord simply didn't give a scrap about it.

Walking back into the vessel corridors, Megatron caught whispers among his troops. Whispers about Starscream extinguishing someone—something, he don't know. Heck, should he believe that? No. Starscream don't even have the guts to be in fierce battles against the Autobots, no way could that squirm is able to extinguish someone.

Once he reached the Command Centre, Megatron could already see Starscream standing at the platform.

"Ah...Lord Megatron." Starscream spoke, his voice as raspy as always.

"Yes, Starscream?"

"I suppose you would like to know why I needed your presence?"

Yes, that was a question that Megatron needed an absolute answer to.

"Yes. Why did you need me?" Megatron answered, stepping closer towards the seeker, never expecting what to come next.

"One sentence." Starscream smirked, stepping closer to the warlord himself.

It happened so sudden, Starscream slashed his claws across Megatron's abdomen and fresh Energon leaked out from the three claw marks. They were short, but severely deep.

"I challenge you for the leadership position."

Those words rang into Megatron's mind as he looked down at his abdomen, placing his hand over his deep cut.
That seeker's done it this time! Megatron thought, rage rampaging through his body as more Energon left his system.

Megatron rampaged, drew his sword out and rushed for the seeker's spark, but his injury was an advantage for Starscream. The silver seeker punched Megatron right on the fresh claw marks and sent the warlord collapsing to the ground.

Megatron wasn't going to go down without a fight, so, he stood up yet again and charged for Starscream's spark once more.

"Tsk tsk tsk, Megatron. Stubborn as always." Starscream mused, and just when Megatron was about to strike his spark, the unbelievable happened: Starscream's claw, deep into Megatron's chassis.

Megatron couldn't believe, that squirm of a Decepticon has his claws dug deep into his spark chamber.

When Starscream ripped his claw out and Megatron fell to the ground hard. Starring up at the ceiling, the last thing that Megatron heard was Orion's voice echoing into blackness.

"Are you okay...?"

~~Autobot Base~~ 3 days later~~~

Optimus was in deep recharge, a really peaceful recharge. A recharge like this usually never comes around for the prime, but today, he was lucky. Only on recharges like this, he can loosen the grip that the matrix has on him. But, do these recharges ever stay?

Optimus was peacefully in his Orion mindset when a loud and annoying beeping sound snapped him awake.

"Ugh! What is it?! Turn it off! Turn it off!" He yelled, digging his helm deep into his pillow as he reached out to his bedside table for the source of the noise, only to smack something to dangle by the side. Grabbing something that felt like a wire, Optimus finally looked up from his pillow.

"Wha...?" Optimus asked, his optics half-open and observing the black wire in his hand.
Looking up ahead, he saw Team Prime in a giggling fit.

"Sounds like the matrix isn't up for the day." Ratchet mused while trying to drown his laugh but is failing miserably.

Optimus knew very clearly what he meant, Optimus haven't tighten the matrix to make him prime yet. Right now, he's Orion.

Optimus was very not amused, threw the wire to the floor and rolled over on his berth, turning his back to his giggling teammates and covered himself with the blanket. He was about to fall back into recharge when someone threw something, something hard yet very flexible onto him.

"Aaah! What the..?!" Optimus screamed and sat right up. Looking down, he saw a dark luscious green dress with the same green cape attached to it. He knew what this is: it was his outfit when he was still King/Queen of Cybertron.

"What are you doing?! What time is it?!" Optimus yelled into his pillow, digging his helm back into it yet again.

"It's 1:30am, sir." Arcee answered, giggling about like Optimus would never hear it.

Optimus groaned into his pillow, not wanting to get up.

"Optimus, come on!" Ratchet plead, sitting himself next to Optimus. The prime didn't respond.

"Orion!" Ratchet yelled into Optimus's audio-receptors, making the prime finally sit upright.

Optimus sighed, knowing he won't be able to go back into recharge.

"Why did you bring the outfit out? I don't where it anymore." Optimus spoke, now tightening the grip of the matrix and his voice returns to his original.

"It's your 50th anniversary as King of Cybertron! I'm not letting you miss it!" Ratchet answered, jump off the berth and threw the outfit at Optimus's chassis. "You know it's one of the most important celebrations during Cybertron's olden days."

"I'm not king anymore, so why?" Optimus inquired, finally letting his legs off the berth and held the outfit in his left servo.

"Well, you may no longer be the King of Cybertron, but you are still king in our sparks, dad." Bumblebee answered, draped himself on Optimus's chassis.

Optimus smiled, happy that his team accepted his past. But, he still needs an answer to why Bumblebee is still alive when he can't feel the young scout through their sire-sparkling bond. Maybe not today. Optimus reminded himself as his teammates left and he started to get dressed.