Chapter 6

~~Unknown location~~Soundwave's location~~5pm~~~

Soundwave awoke to the sound of roaring jets. He didn't hesitate, sat straight up and rushed off, but fell the minute he got up. My legs, damnit! Soundwave madly reminded himself and started to drag his battered frame across the muddy forest floor. Taking a risky peak back, Soundwave saw three Eradicon jets soaring across the lava-red, evening sky. Soundwave's optics widened and he started to drag himself faster. Looking to his right, he saw a cave and quickly turned his battered body towards. He dragged himself towards it, but his speed was started to slow does due to his now sore arms. "Not now!" He shouted to himself as his speed slowed down even more. Eventually Soundwave made it to the cave, leaned his backstruts onto the cold stone wall and listened for the jets to pass by. They did after a few seconds and Soundwave loosened up, relaxing his sore frame. When he was about to go into yet another forced recharge, Soundwave heard a little whimper from deep within the cave.

The once silent mech got onto all fours, looked deeper into the darkness and saw two glowing eyes lit up. Soundwave dragged his frame towards them, taking cautious movements. He was so close to the pair of eyes when he stopped to realise how small compared to his. Is it an Earth animal? Soundwave asked himself, staring deeply into the glowing blue eyes and he was shocked when the shining light of the setting sun reflected into the cave and showed him who the eyes belonged to. A dark Prussian blue fox with bright blue stripes along its back and 9 tails, 9!

"A cyber-nine-tailed fox..." Soundwave gasped to himself, staring at the feline/canine before him. The fox looked at Soundwave, studied him before it stood up and limped its way towards him. Soundwave was unknown of what to do in this scenario, ever since the war  began all animals on Cybertron went extinct, let alone a legendary nine-tailed fox. The little feline/canine made its way to Soundwave, lifting its front paw. Soundwave cautiously picked up the little fox and held it up to his chassis as it made itself comfortable in the once silent mech's grasp. Soundwave smiled, this was real beauty. Primus gave these little creatures life so they can be loved by ones who do, they are so kind, so loveable and so so precious. "No power from Earth or Cybertron would take you away from me." Soundwave whispered, smiling cheerfully as the fox recharged in his arms.

Soundwave watched silently as the little feline/canine vent peacefully as it rested. I can't keep calling it it, Soundwave reminded himself. "What should I even call you?" He asked, watching the fox stir. Judging by its body type, it's a she. Soundwave thought long and hard and the glowing blue strips caught his attention. Those stripes were like lighting blue comet tails zapping across the dark night sky. "That's what I'm gonna call you, Comet." Soundwave beamed down at the fox on his chassis when she awoke. She purred, whimpered happily, reached her paw up to Soundwave's face and the once silent mech smiled. "Yes, I'm never letting you fall into anyone's hands." Soundwave smiles as Comet rubbed her face against his chassis, feeling his sparkbeat. Watching the feline/canine fall back into recharge, Soundwave himself slowly drifted out of consciousness.

~~Autobots Base~~New Years Eve~~1:30am~~~

Optimus and Megatron were in deep recharge from their little...adventure, their chassises rising and falling peacefully. What they didn't notice was four pairs of optics staring at them from the doorway. "You sure about this, Bee?" Bulkhead asked nervously, watching the young scout creep across the room. "Yes, I'm sure." Bumblebee replied, chuckling quietly while he set up the alarm clock he used for this same prank a few days back. Setting it up to go off in 10 seconds, Bumblebee races back to the door and watched as it counted down. "Megatron's gonna kill you..." Arcee reminded Bumblebee sternly as the young mech held up three digits and counted them down. "3...2..." he said, smirking and just when the number 1 hit, Optimus smacked his servo down on the clock and it shut up.

"Nope!" Optimus yelled, his voice young and annoyed. "Nope, nope, nope! I know what you're doing!" He shouted, lifting his rather sore helm up and looked at his team at the doorway with half-opened optics. "Come on, dad! We gotta go!" Bee said in a playful voice, jumped onto Optimus and sprawled himself out on his father's backstruts. "No...5 more minutes...!" Optimus groaned as Bumblebee sat up on him. By now, Megatron have woken up due to all the unwanted commotion, his optics also half-open. "What are you doing, scout?" He asked, glaring tiredly at the yellow scout on top of the prime. "I'm waking you! The sky's awake, so I'm awake! We have to play!" Bumblebee replied, laughing while Optimus groaned into his pillow and pulling the blanket over his helm. "Go play by yourselves!" Megatron complained and pushed the laughing yellow mech onto the floor.

Optimus returned to his recharge when Bumblebee climbed on top of him once more and peeled open his left optic. "I know you wanna build a snowman..." Bee teased and the prime opened his optics and sat up. "Okay, I'll see you all in a few hours, okay?" He asked as Bumblebee slipped off of the berth. Team Prime nodded with agreement and left, the only one that's left behind is Bumblebee. "I'm expecting to see you later today, okay?" He inquired, turning back to face the two mechs in the berth. "You will." Optimus replied and the yellow scout smiled, then he rushed off down the hallway and the door closed. Optimus and Megatron laid back down onto the berth.

"Your scout is nice." Megatron whispered into the prime's audio-receptors as they snuggled close. "Yes, he is." Optimus agreed and he went back into recharge. Megatron smiled and fell into recharge himself.