Chapter 3

~~Autobot Base~~Command Centre~~2:15am~~~

Optimus was standing in the Command Centre, well, can you still call it that?
Bumblebee, using his powers, made a beautiful ice chandelier, made snow fall from the roof and the floor was now ice. It never gets old for Optimus, this magic was no stranger to him.

"I've missed this." Optimus admitted when Bumblebee stood beside, watching Team Prime attempting to skate on ice.

"So have I." Bumblebee smiled back at Optimus and they both shared a moment of bonding. It was just a second later when Optimus decided to bring up a good memory. "What's that smell?" He asked, smiling. They both took a deep breath in and faced each other. "Chocolate!" They both exclaimed at the same time and of course, they laughed it out. "Ratchet should make the chocolate right now, don't you think?" Bumblebee asked. "Oh yes, he should." Optimus replied happily. "Maybe this celebration isn't too bad after all." He admitted and Bumblebee smiled. "Glad you told me." Bee said, bowing down like they used to back on Cybertron. Optimus chuckled and held Bee up. "No need." He smiled.

"Heck, Optimus. Good thing the kids are on School Camp, otherwise, you'd never wear it if they were here." Arcee mused as she skated her way towards them. Optimus let out a little laugh as she came over and accidentally fell before him. "Only Ahtohallan knows." Optimus mused and he continued to chuckle. His chuckles slowly died out when he received a com, full of static.

"Optimus...help..." Megatron's voice came through, but it wasn't like his regular voice. He was weak, and raspy, close to death. Optimus was worried, Megatron would never sound like this if he was okay. Something was wrong, something was very wrong.

"Ratchet, activate the groundbridge." Optimus ordered and Ratchet didn't question and immediately activated the groundbridge to the com-link's coordinates. "What's going on?" He asked, walking over to the prime in the dress. "Megatron called me, sounds like he's in trouble." Optimus quietly answered, in hopes no one has heard him. "Do you want someone to come?" Ratchet asked, worried that it may be a trick. "No need." Optimus replied and stepped through the bridge.

~~Forest Cave~~Megatron's location~~~

Megatron was starting to think that Optimus was not coming. Maybe the prime just didn't care about him, maybe it's because he hated him for what he's done. When all hope seemed lost, a groundbridge portal finally opened and out stepped Optimus.

Wait...is that Optimus? Megatron asked himself, looking at the tall figure stepping out of the portal. When the groundbridge deactivated, Megatron finally saw Optimus and he couldn't help but smile at the prime's new look. He was wearing his royalty outfit, the outfit that Megatron have so longed to see him wear again.

Optimus walked closer, stunned by the sight before him. Megatron was so badly hurt: bits of armour ripped off, three deep claw marks on his abdomen and a hole deep into his chassis.
"I should've brought Ratchet..." Optimus whispered to himself, regretting his decision of coming alone. Looking around for something that can help Megatron with his wounds, Optimus found nothing but his cape.
My only option. Optimus sighed, unclipped the button for his cape and he took it off.

Megatron has his optics closed and when he opened them, he saw Optimus faceplate-to-faceplate with him. In his servos, was his dark green cape and he tore it in half. Megatron was shocked, why did he do that?

Optimus pointed at the claw marks on Megatron's abdomen, which gave the warlord the answer. Optimus is going to use his cape to help with his wound. Megatron nodded and positioned himself so Optimus could tied the torn cape around it. Optimus slowly wrapped one half of the cape around Megatron's wound, being very carefully. Despite being as careful as possible, when the cape touched the claw mark, a jolt of pain shot through Megatron and the warlord hissed in pain. Optimus stopped and expected a slap to the faceplates, but it never came, instead what came was Megatron saying, "It's okay."

Optimus resumed with caution, just in case Megatron will snap and hurt him in the process. In the end, Optimus succeeded in bandaging the three claw marks: with the first half of the cape around it and one that ties it in place. It took all together around 10 minutes, due to Optimus's worry and caution of hurting Megatron more or getting himself hurt. But now, both mechs were pretty exhausted. Megatron still has to force his optics open, just in case he won't wake up.

Optimus leaned his backstruts onto the cold wall, watching Megatron fight his stasis lock. Maybe there is something he could do.

"Come close, scooch in." Optimus said, pulling Megatron to lie on his chassis. The warlord smiled as he listened to the prime's spark-beat, it still haven't changed a bit since they last got together like this. Optimus smiled as he felt Megatron lie down on his chassis, no matter how different they were after all these years, this one scenario will never change.

Where the north wind, meets the sea.
There's a river, full of memory.
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound.
For in this river all is found.

Optimus sang, watching Megatron slowly drift out of consciousness and into a stasis lock. When Optimus was certain everything was okay, the prime himself slowly drifted into a recharge quite like this morning's; letting loose of the matrix before finally going into recharge.