Chapter 5

"Come out,"  ordered the deep, cold voice.

A masked man covered in all black, except his eyes, came out from within the shadows of a study and immediately knelt and saluted the handsome man sitting at the table and writing something in a book.

"Your Majesty, I've come to report. There are two of them in the palace."

The hand paused before continuing writing again.

"Your orders, your Majesty," the shadow guard inquired.

Placing the writing brush aside, the Emperor leaned back into the chair. His cold, emotionless red eyes looked up at the kneeling shadow guard. The eyes so cold that could chill the person to the bones. And those silky silver hair and white skin only accentuated those red eyes.

"Let them be. Observe them only if they're not causing any big trouble. They will try to contact their master soon," he replied, expressionlessly.

Knock!  knock!

"Your Majesty, Captain Hua DeMing has arrived," came the eunuch's voice from behind the doors.

Emperor Song Longwei flicked his hand and the shadow guard disappeared without a trace. Only the branches of the tree outside the study window rustled a little.

"Enter."

Hua DeMing was the leader of the Emperor's personal guards. He was a good looking man strong enough to be the General and have also led armies to the war. But now, on Emperor's orders, he became the captain of the Emperor's personal guards. The Emperor also treated him like a personal assistant. This job, he found it more difficult.

"Your Majesty," Hua DeMing knelt, greeting the Emperor.

"Rise."

"Thank you Your Majesty." After standing, he continued, "Your Majesty, your suspicions about Minister Hui were correct. He's the one who fiddled with the funds. What would you like to do with him, your Majesty?"

Suddenly, the air pressure in the room changed, making the captain cold sweat.

Fortunately, the air returned to normal quickly, making Hua DeMing sighing in relief internally.

"Investigate further. Find out all those involved with minister Hui. They will all be punished." Emperor Song narrowed his eyes briefly before going back to stoic face.

"Yes, your Majesty." Hua DeMing silently lit a candle in his heart for minister and his partners in crime. The Emperor's punishments were really cruel for such acts.

"And get ready. We will be going outside to meet a lead today."

"Yes, your Majesty."

"You may leave now."

Hua Deming bowed before he left. These kinds of sudden rendezvous of Emperor always gave him headache because it's super dangerous outside! He couldn't relax for a minute out there. Although his Majesty was much stronger and powerful and his shadow guards would always be protecting him from shadows but he still couldn't help but worry.

English isn't my first language, so I apologize for grammar mistakes.

25/01/2020